Box Office/Facility Attendant
StoryBook Theatre is currently seeking both part time and full time employees to join our team as our Box Office/Facility Attendant.
StoryBook believes that inclusivity and diversity are integral to the stories we tell both on and off our stage and seek to create an environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best work. We encourage people of all ages, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, and ethnicity to apply for this position.
Attendants will report to the Artistic Producer. Duties include:
- Book tickets, rooms and resources for patrons
- Manage ticketing services and operations during shows
- Provide facility support for tenants and patrons utilizing the facility
- Provide administration support to the organization.
The ideal candidates would possess many, if not all, of the qualifications listed below. StoryBook is a learning environment and is looking for a candidate willing to grow into the role with a base understanding of its demands and skills required.
- Minimum of two years of relevant or equivalent experience in administration
- High level of personal organization and planning
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Must work well in a team setting
Ultimately StoryBook is seeking a person who fits in with the organizational mandate and is keen and passionate about the work we do. A candidate who possesses the following attributes would be seen as a huge asset beyond their list of qualifications.
YOU ARE AN INDIVIDUAL WHO
- Loves live performance and has an appreciation of the importance of theatre in society/for families
- Reflects an optimistic and positive attitude with organizational loyalty
- Has the ability to work autonomously and in a team with attention to discretion and sensitivity to work involving confidential information.
- Has a genuine commitment to contribute to an internal culture that values people and provides an opportunity for everyone to flourish.
- Has the personal stature to inspire the organization, the Board, and the stakeholders by representing the Theatre with integrity.
- Is dedicated to the principles of equal opportunity, cultural diversity, and broadening access to the arts.
- Is a pragmatic and effective problem-solver.
October 3rd, 2022 , negotiable.
FULL TIME POSITION
Tuesdays to Saturdays – 1pm-9pm
PART TIME POSITION
Candidates must be available for at least two of the following shifts each week, with some flexibility to cover the occasional late night booking during weekdays.
Mondays – 1pm to 9pm
Saturdays – 9am to 3pm
Sundays – 8am to 1pm or 1pm to 9pm
Submission Deadline – Tuesday, September 27th, 2022
Please Submit by filling out the form at the following link
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those advancing in the process will be contacted.