THE MOUSETRAP – AUDITION NOTICE
by Agatha Christie
Director: Lauren Tamke
Stage Manager: Natalie Blanchard
Performance Dates: Feb 8-18, 2023
Audition Dates: October 15 & 16, 2022 (Zoom), Callbacks TBA (in-person)
Rehearsals begin: Week of October 23, 2022
Rehearsals will be 2-3x/week October-December and increase to 4x/week in January.
Following the murder of a woman in London, Monkswell Manor guesthouse opens its doors and the renters arrive. Each person at Monkswell Manor appears to have a possible connection to the case and the investigation ensues amidst red herrings and concealed clues. Snowed in for the night, the group must discover who the murderer is before it’s too late.
Walterdale is committed to diverse, inclusive casting. For every role, the director will consider all submissions. Ages ranges are approximate and somewhat flexible.
- MOLLIE RALSTON (20s-30s), co-owner and operator of the newly-established Monkswell Manor, hospitable and anxious for the opening to go well
- GILES RALSTON (20s-30s), Mollie’s new husband and business partner, determined but occasionally impatient with his new houseguests
- CHRISTOPHER WREN (20s-30s), a genuine but neurotic young man with childlike exuberance and a taste for the finer things
- MRS. BOYLE (40+), an imposing and haughty older woman with a bad temper
- MAJOR METCALF (40+), a middle-aged man with a military manner, patience, and bearing
- MISS CASEWELL (20s – 30s), a young, handsome woman with a sharp wit and mysterious past
- MR. PARAVICINI (40+), an unexpected guest of ambiguous age with a dark sense of humour
- SERGEANT TROTTER (20s – 30s), a curious young detective come to Monkswell Manor to investigate the murder
You will be auditioning in small groups on Zoom in 45-minute slots in which you will be asked to read sides from the play (you will receive the sides at least a week before your audition).
To book your audition, please sign up here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040E45ACA923A0FB6-themousetrap
Prior to your audition, you will be sent an online form for completion to gather more information, including your headshot, resume, and any potential conflict dates you have within the rehearsal and performance schedule.
If you are unable to make the audition dates, we will also accept recorded auditions. Please email the director at email@example.com to make arrangements for these.
Headshots and resumes are recommended but not required.
A perusal copy of the script is available at the Theatre Alberta library.
Walterdale Theatre Associates is a volunteer/member organization. We cannot engage Equity performers.
Walterdale Theatre is a community theatre and is committed to inclusivity. Walterdale encourages artists who self-identify as members of under-represented communities to audition. If accommodations may be required for your audition, please let us know and we will work with you to find these.