Do you have a dance background, enjoy working with youth, and LOVE Elf the movie? StoryBook Theatre is currently seeking a Choreographer / Dance Coach for our Fall Spotlight for Teens program, Elf the Musical Jr!
Spotlight for Teens is a 13-week musical theatre program that gives students ages 13-17 the experience of being in a musical theatre production. Successful applicants will be responsible for teaching students choreography for the show as well as introductory skills in movement and dance.
StoryBook believes that inclusivity and diversity are integral to the stories we tell both on and off our stage and seek to create an environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best work. We encourage people of all ages, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, and ethnicity to apply for this position.
Instructors will be accountable to the Theatre School Coordinator and will work closely with teaching assistants and other production team members. Duties include:
- Teach students appropriate lessons and content for their age and skill levels
- Create and submit lesson plans incorporating a given curriculum
- Teaching students appropriate choreography, basics in dance and movement, and other skills as required by the curriculum
- Other duties as required
The ideal candidates would possess many, if not all, of the qualifications listed below. StoryBook is a learning environment and is looking for a candidate willing to grow into the role with a base understanding of its demands and skills required.
- Minimum of two years of relevant university level education, or equivalent professional experience
- Strong instructional and classroom management skills
- High level of personal organization and planning
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Must work well in a team setting
- Basic First Aid is an asset
- Ultimately StoryBook is seeking a person who fits in with the organizational mandate and is keen and passionate about the work we do.
This is a seasonal contract position. This course runs on Saturdays from 10am to 4pm starting Saturday, September 17 and ending Saturday, December 10.
Our teachers are contracted for each session and program individually at an hourly rate of $22/hr.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE – WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 7, 2022
For more information and to apply, please visit https://www.storybooktheatre.org/job-postings
Questions relating to this job posting may be directed to the Theatre School Coordinator at email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those advancing in the process will be contacted.