The Citadel Theatre, one of Canada’s largest and busiest professional, not-for-profit theatre companies and facilities, is looking for a highly organized team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment to our Production team as the Administrative Assistant. This is a full-time, permanent position.
The Citadel is a very active, not-for-profit theatre producing a season which usually includes a Mainstage series of six plays, a House Series, our seasonal production of A Christmas Carol, a summer musical and, assorted other projects as they arise from season to season. We support a vibrant theatre school and an active new play development program. Our facilities are available for rental by other arts organizations and community groups.
The Administrative Assistant reports to the Director of Production (DP) and Technical Director (TD) in ensuring high quality work and making appropriate, effective and safe use of our facilities and human and financial resources. The Administrative Assistant must be ready to take a proactive role in creating a respectful and positive workplace where all of our stakeholders are excited, connected and invested in the work of the theatre.
Responsibilities (Under the direction of/in collaboration with the DP and TD):
• Providing excellent internal and external support to production department, Citadel staff, patrons and suppliers: prompt, friendly, and showing a thorough knowledge of the production department, procedures and overall building.
• Creation, distribution and tracking of weekly time cards for IATSE employees.
• Assist with petty cash reimbursements for production team members.
• Monthly credit card reconciliation for Production Department.
• Creation and tracking of weekly cost reports for Director of Production.
• Creation and tracking of of purchase orders and invoices for production department.
• Receiving of materials for production department.
• Management and distribution of building keys for production department.
• Shipping for production department.
• Coordinating office supply orders.
• Scheduling casual staff as needed.
• Performing digital file backup.
• Maintaining archival room.
• Completing other administrative tasks for the Production department upon request.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with a proven history of effective relationship building.
• Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task, problem solve, and prioritize responsibility in a timely and efficient manner.
• Ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment, while providing outstanding support in a consistently courteous manner.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Previous experience in the entertainment industry would be an asset.
The annual salary for this position is $41,000.00.
Please email your resume with cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for resumes is September 11, 2022.
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request. The Citadel Theatre is committed to having our team reflect the community it serves and actively welcome applicants from diverse and equity-seeking backgrounds. The Citadel also endeavors to create and guard a culture of respect and cooperation with all staff, artists, colleagues, volunteers and internal / external parties. Thank you for your interest but only those persons chosen for interviews will be contacted. No telephone calls please.
Citadel Theatre’s COVID-19 protocols (such as masking, screening, testing, vaccinations) are a part of our “Returning Safely Policy,” to ensure everyone is safe in at the work place. PLEASE NOTE – Citadel Theatre’s vaccination protocol will be in place for this position. Anyone working in the building is expected to be fully vaccinated (if they are medically able). Please be aware of this requirement before you submit your resume.