St. Albert Dinner Theatre is pleased to welcome back Stuart L. McGowan as the director for the murder mystery Wrong Window! by Billy Van Zandt & Jane Milmore.
Off-and-on again New York couple Marnie and Jeff enter an even more complicated phase of their relationship when they think they spy their cross-courtyard neighbor do away with his wife. After they draw their torn curtain, the lady vanishes, and suspicion places murder beyond a shadow of a doubt.
The bumbling witnesses sneak into their neighbor’s apartment – 39 steps away – and the fun begins. With mistaken identities, extramarital affairs and a corpse popping up, two questions remain: Who killed Lila Larswald? And if she’s not dead then who is?
- Marnie Elbies (f.) Married to Jeff, murder mystery writer. Has just rekindled her marriage after a separation and likes spying on her neighbours.
- Jeff Elbies (m.) Married to Marnie, all around nice guy. Except he’s hiding his affair. And he’s afraid to go outside because of a past bird attack.
- Midge Smith (f.) Married to Robbie. Marnie’s best friend. Quirky.
- Robbie Smith (m.) Married to Midge. Jeff’s best friend. Will do almost anything to help out his friend.
- Lila Larswald (f.) Married to Thor Larswald. Yoga instructor, fit.
- Thor Larswald (m.) Married to Lila Larswald. Large man.
- Loomis (m.) Building maintenance man. Not the sharpest knife is the drawer.
- Detective Thomas (m/f) Quintessential police detective
Open auditions will be held for two nights:
• Wednesday, August 24, 2022 from 6:30 – 8:30 pm at The Kinsmen Club of St. Albert, 47 Riel Dr, St. Albert, AB T8N 3Z2
• Thursday, August 25, 2022 from 6:30 – 8:30 pm at the St. Albert Chamber of Commerce, 71 St. Albert Trail, St. Albert, AB T8N 6L5
Performance venue: The Kinsmen Club of St. Albert, 47 Riel Dr, St. Albert, AB T8N 3Z2.
Performance Dates: Three week run, Thu-Fri-Sat, starting November 10, 2022
Rehearsal Dates: (tentative) three nights weekly starting in the week of September 5
Please outline any potential conflicts to the production team or director in writing at the audition dates.
An acting CV & Head shots are recommended but not required. Please contact email@example.com to set up your audition time.
Actors will be notified of casting decision as soon as possible. Scripts will be provided once a role has been accepted.
St. Albert Dinner Theatre is a 100% volunteer run community theatre company located in St. Albert, AB. We strive to provide opportunities for all performers and volunteers of all ages to build skills and relationships, enhance their theatrical experience on stage and off, and entertain and serve the community.