Alberta Theatre Projects is preparing for our next few seasons of producing live, professional, contemporary theatre in Calgary. We recently announced our 2022-23 season and we are already planning for our 50th anniversary season in 2023-2024. We create world-class contemporary theatre that blurs the line between the audience and the artist, by telling the most provocative and engaging stories of our time. By embracing the intimacy and unique audience configuration opportunities of the Martha Cohen Theatre, we offer an exciting new experience for our audience with each production.
This is a very exciting time in the history of Alberta Theatre Projects as we look to the future: how our company can continue to be a national leader in new play development, producing and presenting world class productions of contemporary theatre that engages our community by reflecting their stories on stage. We are also in the initial planning stages of a pilot national touring program for our ATP productions.
As we plan to innovate, reenergize and envision a bold, bright future of our company for the next 50 plus years –laying a new foundation for growth in the next few seasons – we are also reviewing how we do things at our company to make the future even brighter.
As we have welcomed new leadership – Rohit Chokhani as our new Artistic and Executive Director, Marcie Januska as our Producer and Claudina Morgado as our General Manager, we are looking for a dynamic Ticket Sales Coordinator to join our team.
The Ticket Sales Coordinator is key to delivering a great experience for patrons and donors, as well as assisting in our outreach to new audiences.
ATP is in a high-growth phase and we are excited to keep the momentum going as one of our country’s leaders in professional theatre; we can’t wait for you to join us on this journey.
This role is targeted to start in late September or early October 2022.
WHO YOU ARE
The Ticket Sales Coordinator is a full-time, year-round, permanent role on our administrative team and is paramount to our organization being able to deliver a great patron experience. You are an energetic professional with a passion for the performing arts. You’ll work closely with the Ticket Sales Manager to reach and surpass ticket revenue goals, while also championing administrative functions within the department. You will act as one of the main representatives of Alberta Theatre Projects to the general public, and we’re eager to welcome you to our collection of friendly faces.
WHAT YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Assisting patrons in person, by email, and over the phone with ticketing requests of all types
- Maintaining positive relations with the public through the delivery of exceptional customer service
- Scheduling sales reports and participating in sales analysis with the entire marketing & sales teams
- Maintaining accurate information in our CRM system (Spektrix)
- Liaising with other departments related to special events and other fundraising opportunities
- Assisting with the building of events in Spektrix
- Participating in outbound calling on telemarketing sales campaigns
- Taking a leading role on Group Sales (especially for the Holiday Show) including prospecting and converting to sales
- Other duties as assigned
WHAT YOU BRING TO ALBERTA THEATRE PROJECTS
- Commitment to and an understanding of the mission and values of Alberta Theatre Projects
- Friendly and personable demeanor; a people-person
- A great track-record for customer service excellence, preferably in a ticketed entertainment organization
- A successful record of meeting sales goals, including soliciting and closing group sales
- Analytical skills in completing post-mortems related to sales targets
- Ability to interact comfortably, tactfully, and effectively with a range of stakeholders
- Experience with ticket sales software (Spektrix considered an asset)
- Clear and concise communication and reporting skills; attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills necessary to prioritize and manage concurrent initiatives
- A high degree of self-motivation; integrity and a good work ethic
COVID-19 VACCINATION & MASK MANDATE
Alberta Theatre Projects is extremely conscious of the health and safety of our workforce and audiences. As a condition of employment, all Alberta Theatre Projects’ employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 using a Health Canada approved vaccination dosage before joining the organization. Employees must provide proof of their vaccination status to our human resources department. We also currently have a mask mandate in place for all employees in our office, building and venue. For up to date information on our vaccination policy and mask mandate please visit our website.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION
Alberta Theatre Projects is committed to reflecting the diversity of our community. Our commitment to DE&I is woven into our values and belief that our organization is strongest when we embrace our communities’ lived experiences, regardless of what we look like, where we come from, or whom we love. That means building a more equitable, inclusive workplace and promoting daily actions that reinforce our DE&I commitment to the audiences we serve. We believe in equity and inclusion and strongly encourage submissions from all qualified individuals regardless of gender, age, race, culture, nationality, family status, sexual orientation, and physical ability. If you require any accommodations during the hiring process, please email email@example.com in confidence.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER
This role is part of the administrative staff group and receives benefits as set out by staff policies. Annual salary range for this role is $40,000 – 45,000. Alberta Theatre Projects is dedicated to becoming an employer of choice and providing a welcoming team environment.
To apply please email a letter of interest and resume by email to Claudina Morgado, General Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org before 9:00 a.m. on August 24, 2022. All applications are held in strict confidence.
Thank you to all applicants. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted. For more information about Alberta Theatre Projects please visit our website, albertatheatreprojects.com.