THEATRE TECHNICAL LEAD
Position ID: J0722-0899
Job Title: THEATRE TECHNICAL LEAD
Job Type: Full Time
Department: Bert Church Theatre
Number Of Positions: 1
Min Salary: $54,121.00/Year
Max Salary: $67,641.00/Year
The City of Airdrie fosters a culture of accountability and values open dialogue, innovation and entrepreneurial spirit, collaborative relationships, learning, ownership, and encouraging the heart. We are searching for another team member who will help us get to the next level.
The Bert Church Theatre team is tasked with balancing the needs of the community through an annual theatre schedule which includes a variety of presented professional artists, and facility rentals that facilitate third party productions, and high-quality programming.
Working in Partnership with the Team Leader, Performing Arts Coordinator, Arts & Rental Programmer, and Front of House/Box Office Manager, this position is responsible for the advancing of all professional performances and rentals and technical operation (lights or sound) for professional performances.
In addition, the position will be responsible for:
- Coordinating and consulting on all theatre bookings to ensure there are no scheduling conflicts and that all technical requirements for each event can be satisfied
- First point of contact for user groups and performing artists regarding theatre technical requirements
- Planning and coordination of equipment setup in the theatre and liaising with all professional road and tour managers regarding specific production requirements
- Supporting and guiding part time technicians with coaching, mentoring, and training
- Assisting with the development and long-term planning of the Bert Church Theatre venue capital plan
- Implementing and oversight of the facility’s safety program
- Scheduling theatre technical staff to support theatre events and providing direct technical support and responsibility for planning and coordinating all production elements and crew members
- Supporting and maintaining a professional working partnership between the City of Airdrie and Bert Church High School administration by operating the facility within the guidelines of the current Joint Use Agreement
- Post-secondary education in theatre technology or audio engineering would be an asset.
- Education from suppliers considered an asset (i.e. ETC Eos family training or augmented training)
- Standard First Aid – Level C CPR and AED certificate required
- Aerial Work Platform certificate would be an asset
- Minimum of 2 years of technical training with experience in the operation of theatrical lighting, sound, and staging equipment
- Proven effective leadership skills with the ability to coach and mentor
- Experience in Microsoft Suite and other enterprise software systems
- Proven ability to build and foster relationships with all client groups
- Knowledge of and passion for the performing arts specifically theatre is preferred
- Knowledge and experience with ETC Ion and Allen Heath SQ-6 consoles considered an asset
- Software competency with Q-lab, Adobe Suites and Streaming platforms considered an asset
- Customer Service Excellence
- Entrepreneurial thinking and Change Management foresight
- Self-motivated and good in high pressure situations
- Ability to quickly align with shifting priorities, work assignments and timelines
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent planning, organization, and critical thinking skills
- Outstanding dependability, initiative, and creativity
Along with a competitive compensation program and City paid health and dental premiums, this position also includes:
- Excellent health, dental, paramedical, and benefits plan
- First-in-class pension plan
- Career development and tuition reimbursement
- Employee discounts, annual adult Genesis Place pass, social events, and health & wellness initiatives
Continuous learning through training and development is encouraged as are flexible work arrangements, when possible. We recognize that our people work best when they feel engaged in their environment and appreciated for their efforts and our overall benefits package reflects that.
This is a full time (40 hours per week) position which requires evenings, weekends and holiday shifts.
- Often dealing with crowds of people, noise and busy environment
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs.
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Climbing ladders and working from heights (i.e. catwalk and man lift)
- Must be able to perform duties in low light conditions
A comprehensive benefits and pension package is included.
Please provide a cover letter as a means of introducing yourself.
Please note: The interviewing and hiring process may commence prior to the posted closing date.
Candidates are invited to apply online.
Postings close at 9 p.m. on the closing date listed in the posting.
We recommend applying as soon as possible as we are not able to accept late applications.
Please review the job competition carefully and be sure to attach any specifically requested documentation in the My Documents section of your application.
Interviewing and hiring may commence prior to the posted closing date.
Thank you for your interest in the City of Airdrie.