Grindstone Theatre is seeking instructors for our Theatre School Classes, Camps and Workshops! We are looking for someone with experience in teaching, performing and general theatre knowledge. This job will include being a key holder, developing and following a curriculum, managing your classroom and students, and creating a 30-60 minute final production to be performed at The Grindstone Theatre. The Grindstone Theatre School classes typically run for 8 weeks with a final showcase.
The Grindstone Theatre School holds classes for all ages, and we are seeking instructors for all ages. Our kid’s classes range from 5-12, teens from 13-17 and 18+.
We are currently looking for instructors for the following classes:
- 9-12: Improv for Kids
- 7-12: Homeschool Drama
We are also looking for new and original classes! If you have a skill you believe students would be interested in learning, please send us your pitch!
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Uphold the Community Standards Policy (https://www.grindstonetheatre.com/community-standards)
- Report to the Artistic Director if this policy has been violated/infringed upon.
- Instructors are expected to have a syllabus for their 8 classes that includes a list of student expectations, class requirements and learning outcomes. A template will be provided to the instructor by the Classes Coordinator.
- Checking email frequently for updates/information about classes.
- Any other forms of social media are not to be used for communication (Instagram, Facebook, etc.)
- Key Holder for the Studio space (unlock doors prior to the start of class and lock up after the class)
- Arrive at The Grindstone at least 15 minutes prior to scheduled class time.
- Attendance is taken during class and is reported back to the Classes Coordinator before the end of the day
- Maintaining a clean, safe and organized studio space
- Report any issues to the Classes Coordinator or Artistic Director
- Create a safe space for students
- Provide a recent headshot and bio for our website
- Appear in promotional videos and material for the Theatre School
- Source substitute(s) if the instructor is ill or unable to make a class
- Assist in social media shares as much as possible (provided the instructor has social media accounts and is comfortable with sharing)
- Other duties as required
- 1-2 years experience in instructing students
- 1-2 years experience in theatre settings
- Experience working with large groups of different ages
- Experience building and following curriculum
- General knowledge of theatre
- Strong interpersonal and customer relations skills. Ability to create and sustain positive working relationships with students and staff.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail with the ability to manage competing priorities at work.
- Self-directed with the ability to take initiative.
- Must complete a criminal record check and vulnerable sector check
- Contract work based on semesters (Sept – Nov, Jan – March, April – June, June/July)
- Classes are 1.5 or 2 hours long for 9 weeks (8 classes and a showcase)
- Must be available nights & weekends.
To apply, please send a Cover letter & Resume to Jenna Kerekes at firstname.lastname@example.org . Please note “General Instructor Call” in the Subject line. No phone calls please.
Posting closes: August 12, 2022.