Walterdale Fringe – Front-of-House Managers (2022)
Walterdale Theatre is a premier venue for Edmonton’s annual International Fringe Festival. During the 11-day run of the festival the theatre — a converted fire hall in the heart of the historic Old Strathcona District — stages some 90 productions by a variety of organizations.
Walterdale Theatre Associates requires two Front-of-House Manager to represent the Theatre and to look after the Theatre’s interests for the duration of the Fringe Festival that runs August 11 – 21, 2022.
Specific duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Attend the theatre during the specified hours to ensure that the facility is functioning as required to meet WTA’s obligations under the contract with the Fringe.
- Notify the Building Director and/or other Board member of problems with the building which might affect the operations, patron comfort, and safety.
- Establish and maintain contact with on-site Fringe personnel and performing groups to ensure that their needs are met and to provide assistance if required.
- As an ambassador for Walterdale Theatre Associates, promote Walterdale to fringe patrons by providing information on its history, operation, programs, and opportunities.
Two Managers are required: one for the day shift (approximately 11:30 AM to 6:30PM) and one for the evening shift (approximately 6:00PM to 1:00AM). Each Manager will be retained under a separate contract with WTA.
The ideal candidates will:
- Have had recent Front-of-House experience in a small theatre.
- Have a basic knowledge of theatre production as demonstrated by related experience.
- Be able to demonstrate knowledge of Walterdale Theatre’s operations and history.
- Be enthusiastic and outgoing, able to effectively represent WTA to Fringe patrons.
Remuneration: A fixed fee of $1025 will be paid to each successful candidate upon completion of the contract.
Only applications submitted by email will be accepted. Submit applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline is Monday, Aug. 8th 2022