The Heritage Park Players will be presenting a short play in Heritage Park’s Opera House for its 2022 Once Upon A Christmas event. Once Upon A Christmas is a volunteer performance contract. (Note: We will not be looking to cast people in both Halloween and Christmas.)
CONSTABLE’S CHRISTMAS CAPER (A Melodramatic Musical)
Run time: 25min
“Old Lady Myrtle Mayfield reminisces about the time Constable William Blake arrived in town to try and keep the peace.”
- CONSTABLE WILLIAM BLAKE — New to town, fourth-year mountie, wants keep the peace.
- MYRTLE MAYFIELD — A young, bright, ever positive young woman in town.
- OLD MYRTLE — The current day version of Myrtle.
- MS. BLACKWELL — Bitter old maid, wants to change her brother’s will before her niece gets everything.
- JEZEBEL TURNER — Niece to Ms. Blackwell, a proper young lady who’s father recently passed.
- CASEY — Store clerk and part-time lawyer. Always looking to make a quick buck.
- CHESTER — Constable’s trusty steed with a good horse sense.
- First Read will be on Friday, Aug 26 @ 6pm-10pm
- Rehearsals will begin September 17 with 1-2 rehearsals a week ramping up in November with 2-3 rehearsals a week.
- Rehearsals will be evenings and weekends.
- Rehearsals will be held at Heritage Park.
• November 14-15
• November 19, 20 & 22
- There will be 3-4 performances a day in the Canmore Opera House.
- Call time will be 10am.
- Performers will be released after the last performance of the day (around 4pm-4:30pm).
CHRISTMAS PERFORMANCE DATES:
- November 26-27
- December 3-4
- December 10-11
- December 17-18
We will have two casts. Persons submitting must be available for either all Saturday or Sunday performance dates. No exceptions.
- Friday, Aug 19 (6:30pm-10pm)
- Saturday, Aug 20 (6:30pm-10pm)
- Sunday, Aug 21 (6:30pm-10pm)
- Auditions will be held at Heritage Park.
- Applicants need not have any formal training. We encourage all who’d like to participate to apply.
- Applicants must be 15 years or older
- Prepare given sides (to be sent upon audition confirmation.)
CASTING PERSONS IN ATTENDANCE:
Artistic Production Coordinator/Director – Trevor Matheson
Director – Melissa Dorsey
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT: Thursday, August 18, 2022 @ 5pm.
Interested actors, please send the following via e-mail with the subject “HP 2022 Christmas Audition Submission” to Trevor Matheson at [email protected]
- Character(s) you’re interested in
- Your availability for the audition dates
- Any availability conflicts (between Aug 26-Dec 18)
Only those selected to audition will be contacted with an audition time. Heritage Park is committed to diverse, inclusive casting. Once Upon A Christmas is a volunteer performance contract and will be considered volunteers of Heritage Park. Equity members will not be seen at these auditions. Thank you for your understanding.