AUDITIONS for Rumors
By Neil Simon
Directed by Jay Newman
Presented at the Pumphouse Theatre Oct 7 – 15, 2022
Book your audition here: morpheustheatre.ca/?page_id=672
At a large, tastefully appointed Sneden’s Landing townhouse, the Deputy Mayor of New York has just shot himself. Though only a flesh wound, four couples are about to experience a severe attack of Farce. Gathering for their tenth wedding anniversary, the host lies bleeding in the other room, and his wife is nowhere in sight. His lawyer, Ken, and wife, Chris, must get “the story” straight before the other guests arrive. As the confusions and miscommunications mount, the evening spins off into classic farcical hilarity.
Open auditions for all roles will take place:
- Mon August 8 (7:00 to 9:00pm)
- Tues August 9 (7:00 to 9:00pm)
at the Morpheus Rehearsal Centre in Parkdale (3512 – 5th Avenue NW, lower level of the Parkdale Community Centre).
Callbacks, if required, will take place on Thurs Aug 11 from 7:00 to 10:00pm.
- Auditioners will have the choice between submitting a Self-Tape Audition video or attending in-person.
- In-person Auditions: Choice of a comedic monologue (approx 2 minutes) or a cold read from the script. A cold read may be requested.
- Self-Tape Auditions: please provide a recording of a comedic monologue (approx 2 minutes), saved to You-Tube (unlisted). Please provide the link either in the audition form or email to email@example.com. Self-tape auditions are due Aug 8 at 6pm.
- Callbacks will take place in-person, and will include cold-reads.
- Auditioners are asked to complete an online audition form, with an acting resume and headshot.
- Selected auditioners will be requested to attend an in-person callback to read with other performers.
Rehearsal and Performance Requirements:
- All Cast and Crew must be fully vaccinated (minimum 2 doses) to participate in this production. Face Masks will NOT be required to be worn (at this time).
- The read-through and first rehearsal will take place in-person on Sunday August 14th (6 to 10pm)
- In-person rehearsals will take place on Tuesday and Thursday evenings (7pm to 10pm) and Sunday evenings in August (6 to 10pm) and Sunday afternoons in September (1pm to 5pm).
- Performances will take place live and in-person at the Pumphouse Theatres.
Morpheus Theatre encourages individuals of all genders, ethnicities, and abilities to audition. Not a traditional actor? That is okay, get in touch with us and we will find a way for you to showcase what you have to offer.