NORTHERN LIGHT THEATRE
Northern Light Theatre (NLT) is an Edmonton based theatre company with a mandate to challenge both artist and audience alike by producing and developing proactive scripts – language rich texts that are dark, poetic, funny – which reflect a complex world and lead us to question our hierarchy of values. Operating as a not for profit organization and a registered charity, NLT has been producing theatre for over 45 years and continually strives to provide audiences with opportunities to challenge themselves and their notions of the environment surrounding them.
Under the creative artistic vision of Trevor Schmidt, with full support of the administrative team and the board, NLT is dedicated to producing intimate and affecting work that speaks to the modern audience of the urban human condition, the failure to find security and the loss of the dreams held by all for love and happiness.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Reporting to the General Manager this role aids in the maintenance of our organization’s financial information. The Bookkeeper will lead accounts payable and receivable entries, act as the power-user for QuickBooks, and assist with anything related to finances at Northern Light Theatre.
This is a part-time position that offers a flexible schedule. This position allows the successful candidate to work remotely if necessary or preferred but they do have the ability to work in the office as well. They will be required to come into the office for initial training and for monthly meetings with the GM.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Timely execution of all accounts payable and accounts receivable journal entries into QuickBooks.
- Assisting with financial reporting.
- Creation of invoices.
- Payment issuance.
- Maintaining a chart of accounts.
- Reconciling payments from non-cheque sources, including ticketing and donations software, retail payment processors, cash sources, and e-transfers.
- Act as power-user for QuickBooks.
- Reconcile cash payments.
- Maintain regular non-invoiced payments, including Receiver General of Canada, unions, and other suppliers.
- Reconcile bank accounts on a monthly basis.
- Assist with annual audits.
- Other general duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum one year of experience in bookkeeping.
- Advanced QuickBooks skills.
- Familiarity with Canadian accounting principles for a non-profit, registered charity.
- Attention to detail.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule due to the operational needs of a non-profit theatre company.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a variety of personalities.
Part-time: 20-25 hours per month
$25 per hour
Working remotely can be an option.
Office address is #203, 10816A – 82 Ave. Parking is available.
August 9, 2022 (negotiable)
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT
July 29, 2022, or until a suitable candidate is selected.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants are required to submit a cover letter and resume in one PDF document addressed to Bridget Norris-Jones, General Manager at GM@northernlighttheatre.com. Your cover letter and resume should clearly outline previous experience relating to the position.
As an equal opportunity and inclusive employer, NLT welcomes applications from all qualified individuals. Every applicant will be notified whether or not they have been selected for an interview. For more information about Northern Light Theatre please visit our website, www.northernlighttheatre.com.