Since 1963, Edmonton Opera (EO) has inspired our community with performances that resonate beyond the final note. We are currently looking for an excellent administrator with a passion for sharing the performing arts with others to join our company. This Fund Development (FD) Coordinator will work closely with the rest of the FD team and will be responsible for managing and coordinating all FD activities for EO. Additionally, the FD Coordinator will assist in identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and providing stewardship to our donors.
This is a full-time salaried position from Monday to Friday (9am–5pm or equivalent) with occasional weekend and evening shifts required.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Director of Fund Development, the FD Coordinator will be responsible for:
- Coordinating and supporting annual events such as Valentines Gala, Opera al Fresco, Opera 101, VIP Dress Rehearsal, Opera Pre-talks, Opera Brunch, etc.,
- Managing vendor relationships,
- Assisting with staffing of events as assigned,
- Supporting solicitation and stewardship activities for all donations under $10,000, including coordinating new donor packages, thank you calls, and other duties,
- Assisting with creating and managing direct mail, renewal and acquisition programs, and collaborating with the Community Relations department as needed,
- Working with the Fund Development team to develop activities and events for member-level donors,
- Generating and providing tax receipts to all donors,
- Assisting patron services with patron inquiries, donations and ticket sales,
- Other duties as required.
Preferred Qualifications & Skills
- Event management experience is essential. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required. A good candidate must be proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Experience using Tessitura is considered an asset but not required (training will be provided).
- Proven ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and make effective decisions.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team. Appreciation for the performing arts is essential.
- Access to a vehicle is required.
Working hours are expected to be forty (40) hours per week, Monday through Friday with occasional evening and weekend shifts for performances and special events.
Edmonton Opera is currently fully remote. Our events and performances take place at the Northern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium and other locations as required.
Compensation and Benefits
The yearly salary for this position is $45,000. Comprehensive benefits package (health and dental) becomes available upon completion of a three-month probationary period, two weeks’ vacation, with the ability to bank overtime hours, and an RRSP partial matching program after one year. Complimentary tickets for Edmonton Opera performances, as well as discounted tickets for friends and family.
Please send your cover letter and resume to:
Director of Fund Development & Government Relations
Resumes and cover letters will be accepted until Sunday, July 17, 2022.
We thank you for your interest but only those persons chosen for interviews will be contacted.
Edmonton Opera is located on Treaty 6 territory. We actively encourage applications from diverse and equity-seeking backgrounds.