Hiring passionate, enthusiastic Stage Manager
Keyano Theatre & Arts Centre, in Fort McMurray Alberta, is looking for a fun, energetic Stage Manager for our upcoming Fall 2022 production.
Keyano Theatre, a 514 seat proscenium theatre is Fort McMurray’s focal point for performing arts and cultural entertainment.
Keyano Theatre Company (KTC) operates as a community theatre with our casting derived from a very talented volunteer community. Many of the backstage crew positions are also run by volunteers along with a professional theatre staff and artistic team.
We are searching for THE Stage Manager that will enjoy sharing their passion of live theatre with our community members, mentoring our inquisitive and dedicated volunteer crews while working alongside our professional director, designers and production team.
The job duties will include:
- Providing support to all rehearsals including blocking, rehearsal notes, prop and costume tracking, set up and clean up for each rehearsal
- Attending production meetings, taking and distributing minutes
- Attending level setting sessions as needed
- Maintaining a prompt script with all blocking notes, actor and crew tracking, cues and contact/attendance information for all rehearsals and shows.
- Call the technical rehearsals and performances.
- Provide leadership and mentorship to volunteer crew members, cast members and front of house volunteers.
Our fall show, Misery, will have a prep week, 7 weeks of rehearsal, and a 2 weekend run for 9 weeks of engagement. Rehearsals are primarily evening and weekends to accommodate volunteer work schedules.
- “Misery” rehearsals begin August 21, 2022. Full engagement period would be August 17-October 16, 2022
- Performances run October 7-15, 2022
- Billeted accommodations are provided.
- Both Equity and Non-Equity Stage Managers are welcome to apply.
- Strong skills to communicate effectively with a diverse team, an understanding of community theatre and a great sense of humour are required assets.
Please submit a letter of interest and resumé to Eugene Carnegie, Production Manager, Keyano Theatre & Arts Centre, at [email protected] (780-791-8924).
Deadline to submit is June 28, 2022.