Seeking Stage Manager (SM):
We are seeking an Edmonton-based stage manager to join our small but professional team of creatives. We are working between two cities (Vancouver and Edmonton) to stage an original play at the Edmonton Fringe Aug 11-21, 2022. The creative team is rehearsing in Vancouver while the production team has local representation in Edmonton for administrative and behind-the-scenes support.
Responsibilities of the stage manager:
For this production, we need someone to call the show during the Fringe run in Edmonton.
This role requires an SM to:
- Attend a minimum of 4 rehearsals over Zoom, to learn the cues and build the cue book
- Attend a full day tech rehearsal at The Roxy Theatre in Edmonton (we are hoping for Aug 9 or 10 but the tech dates are not confirmed yet)
- Work collaboratively with the venue technician(s) and administrative team
- Be available and punctual for all performances (show times listed below)
- Lead the team in setting up and striking the set and technical elements before and after each performance when the theatre is transitioned to and from other theatre groups
- Support the team as needed, within the standard scope and expectations of a stage management role
- Aug 11 (thu) – 8:30 PM
- Aug 12 (fri) – 9:30 pm
- Aug 13 (sat) – 5:00 pm
- Aug 14 (sun) – 2:30 pm
- Aug 16 (tues) – 6:00 pm
- Aug 17 (wed) – 7:15 pm
- Aug 18 (thu) – 9:30 pm
- Aug 19 (fri) – 3:30 pm
- Aug 20 (sat) – 9:00 pm
If you are interested, please respond to this ad by June 30th.
To apply, send your theatre resume and/or an expression of interest and any questions you might have to email@example.com