Job Title: Website Designer
Application Deadline: Friday, June 17, 2022, or until the position is filled
Targeted Start Date: Flexible between June 20 and July 4, 2022
Term: 8-week Canada Summer Jobs Contract
Compensation: $20/hour, 35 hours per week
For the past 20 years, Theatre Prospero has celebrated the myths and stories at the roots of Edmonton’s many cultures through various theatre productions. We are committed to ensuring that our staff, crew, and artistic teams also reflect the diversity we see on our stages. We strongly encourage submissions from people of all backgrounds and look forward to continuing our tradition of discovering what connects us all through art.
This position is funded in part through the Canada Summer Jobs Program. Applicants must be between the ages of 15-30 and either a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment.
Please note that the work for this position will be a mix of in-person at our office located at 9210 118 Ave NW in Edmonton and remote.
Website Designer Job Description:
The duties of the Web Site Designer are targeted towards Theatre Prospero’s general website, and its Enchanted Antlers (antlerzon.ca) interactive edutainment site:
- refreshing the theatreprospero.ca website visually as needed
- keeping up to date the pages on the Theatre Prospero website to reflect current situation, aspirations, plans, and recently created history
- expanding the historical aspects of the Theatre Prospero website
- implementing the relevant suggestions from digital strategy consultants
- integrating new video, text and graphical content on the Enchanted Antlers entertaining educational website as it is conceived and produced
- working in conjunction with the marketing team to create audience anticipation and deliver fulfillment as content comes on stream
- working in conjunction with the marketing team to optimize both websites to serve Theatre Prospero’s marketing needs
- helping implement effective means of monetization for some site content while preserving access
- collaborating with Associate Producer and key creatives on the Enchanted Antlers project to create critical path for long term site development
Website Designer Qualifications:
We are looking for a self-motivated individual that has a keen interest and enthusiasm to support and develop programming that celebrates stories at the roots of Edmonton’s many cultures through theatre, music, dance, and other arts. The ideal candidate will have completed or be working towards a post secondary credential in design, website development, or equivalent discipline. Proven experience with graphic design and facility with design programs are required. Experience with using Wix as a web design platform and a working understanding of SEO practices are assets. A good eye, strong communication skills, out of the box thinking, attention to detail, and a strong willingness to learn are all a must. A passion for the arts and cultural curiosity are definite assets.
Please send your resume and a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Website Designer” We are accepting applications until the position is filled