Job Title: Assistant Festival Producer
Application Deadline: June 24, 2022
Start Date: July 11, 2022
Term: 8 weeks
Compensation: $18/hour, 35 hours per week
The Thousand Faces Festival is seeking Assistant Festival Producers to assist in planning and executing our 2022 festival. For the past 10 years, The Thousand Faces Festival has celebrated the myths and stories at the roots of Edmonton’s many cultures through theatre, music, dance, and other artistic disciplines. We are committed to ensuring that our staff, crew, and artistic teams also reflect the diversity we see on our stages. We strongly encourage submissions from people of all backgrounds and look forward to continuing our tradition of discovering what connects us all through art.
This position is funded in part through the Canada Summer Jobs Program. Applicants must be between the ages of 15-30 and either a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment.
Please note that our Festival dates are set for September 30 – October 15, 2022. Candidates who have availability to work on a contract basis past the Canada Summer Jobs end date of September 3 will be more highly considered. Please indicate your availability for September and October 2022 in your cover letter.
Please note that due to the return to in-person events for Festival, the successful applicant will be required to work from a combination of our office on Alberta Avenue and their home. Access to a vehicle is strongly encouraged.
Assistant Festival Producer Job Description:
The Assistant Festival Producer will work in collaboration with the Festival Producer, Artistic Director, General Manager, and Production Staff to implement parts of the 2022 Thousand Faces Festival. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Assisting the Festival Producer with operations of the festival
- Helping oversee the execution of Festival productions, events, and broadcasts
- Overseeing and executing the recruitment and management of Festival volunteers
- Coordinating the Festival’s health and safety plan in conjunction with the Festival Producer, including COVID-19 mitigation planning and implementation
- Coordinating the Front of House and food service operations for the String of Mythic Pearls feast
- Reaching out to and confirming the participation of food vendors for the String of Mythic Pearls feast
- Keeping track of expenses and revenues and the necessary paperwork associated therewith
- Liaising with artists, technicians, volunteers, and other contractors
- Assisting with the orientation and contracting of artistic, administrative, production, and volunteer personnel
- Assist with the creation of marketing and website materials in conjunction with marketing staff
Assistant Producer Qualifications:
We are looking for self-motivated individuals that have a keen interest and enthusiasm for celebrating stories at the roots of Edmonton’s many cultures through theatre, music, dance, and other arts. Previous experience with event and/or volunteer management are a must. Good writing and numerical skills, team building and supervision experience, good communication skills, and out of the box thinking are all assets. Open availability in September and October to work on contract to complete festival execution is a large asset.
Please send a brief cover letter, including your availability for September and October 2022, and your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line Assistant Festival Producer Application. The Deadline to submit your application is Friday, June 24, 2022. Interviews will be held in person at our office at the Alberta Avenue Community League between June 27 and July 5, 2022.