Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Application Deadline: Friday, June 17, 2022, or until the position is filled
Targeted Start Date: June 20, 2023 (flexible through early July)
Term: 8-week Canada Summer Jobs Contract
Compensation: $18/hour, 35 hours per week
For the past 20 years, Theatre Prospero has celebrated the myths and stories at the roots of Edmonton’s many cultures through various theatre productions. We are committed to ensuring that our staff, crew, and artistic teams also reflect the diversity we see on our stages. We strongly encourage submissions from people of all backgrounds and look forward to continuing our tradition of discovering what connects us all through art.
This position is funded in part through the Canada Summer Jobs Program. Applicants must be between the ages of 15-30 and either a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment.
Please note that the work for this position will be a mix of in-person at our office located at 9210 118 Ave NW in Edmonton and remote. Running errands for the company will be part of this position.
Administrative Assistant Job Description:
The Administrative Assistant reports to the General Manager of Theatre Prospero and works in conjunction with the Artistic Director and Associate Producer. The Administrative Assistant is responsible for managing various elements of Theatre Prospero’s operations and will work with a wide variety of stakeholders.
The duties of the Administrative Assistant are diverse and are targeted towards the execution of the artistic season in line with the budget that meets artistic visions of the company.
- Assisting the General Manager in the fiscal operation of the company
- Assisting the General Manager with payroll and accounting administration
- Tracking all expenditures and revenues and the necessary paperwork associated therewith for the General Manager
- Preparing grant reports with the General Manager and Associate Producer
- Preparing year end reports with the General Manager
- Providing detailed as possible financial information and projections to Associate Producer, Artistic Director, and General Manager on request
- Organizing and administering company documents and online storage
- Creating reference materials for company stakeholders
- Administering the company’s Google Workspace account in conjunction with the Associate Producer
- Assisting with contract negotiation and administration
- Facilitating employee and contractor hour tracking and invoicing
- Assisting with logistical planning for company activities
Administrative Assistant Qualifications:
We are looking for a self-motivated individual that has a keen interest and enthusiasm to support and develop programming that celebrates stories at the roots of Edmonton’s many cultures through theatre, music, dance, and other arts. Previous financial and/or organizational administration experience is preferred, but not required. Facility with spreadsheets, financial literacy, good writing and numerical skills, good communication skills, out of the box thinking, and a strong willingness to learn are all a must. Access to a vehicle and a Class 5 drivers license is a requirement. A passion for the arts and cultural curiosity are definite assets.
Please send your resume and a brief cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line “Administrative Assistant.” We are accepting applications until the position is filled.