StoryBook Theatre is currently seeking Teachers, Voice Coaches, and Dance Coaches for our 2022-23 Fall, Winter, and Spring Theatre School Programming. We are looking for instructors to guide students ages 6 to adult in Acting and Musical Theatre classes on a part-time basis throughout the year.
StoryBook believes that inclusivity and diversity are integral to the stories we tell both on and off our stage and seek to create an environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best work. We encourage people of all ages, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, and ethnicity to apply for this position.
Instructors will be accountable to the Theatre School Coordinator and will work closely with teaching assistants.
– Teach children appropriate lesson content for their age and skill level
– Create lesson plans incorporating a given curriculum. Depending on the course, curriculum may include improvisation, audition techniques, storytelling, voice, choreography, or other areas of skill
– Classroom management including working with the teaching assistant(s) to maintain classroom focus and manners
– Other duties as required
The ideal candidates would possess many, if not all, of the qualifications listed below. StoryBook is a learning environment and is looking for a candidate willing to grow into the role with a base understanding of its demands and skills required.
– Minimum of two years of relevant post-secondary education, or equivalent professional experience
– Strong instructional and classroom management skills
– High level of personal organization and planning
– Strong interpersonal skills
– Must work well in a team setting
– Basic First Aid is an asset
– For Voice Coaches, piano skills are not required, but are an asset
Ultimately StoryBook is seeking people who fit in with the organizational mandate and are keen and passionate about the work we do.
These are seasonal contract positions. Exact term to be determined with a start date as early as September, 2022.
Our teachers are contracted for each session and program individually at an hourly rate of $22/hr.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE – FRIDAY, JUNE 10, 2022
For more information about all open positions and to apply, please visit https://www.storybooktheatre.org/job-postings
Questions relating to this job posting may be directed to the Theatre School Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those advancing in the process will be contacted.