Front of House Manager
Posting Open: Monday, May 30th, 2022
Posting Closes: Monday, June 6th, 2022
Grindstone Theatre is seeking one part-time Front of House Manager to join our growing team! The FOH Manager will coordinate and guide the FOH team of staff and volunteers for productions and festivals with the Grindstone Theatre. This position is essential to make our patrons’ experience as safe, accessible, and stress-free, and to support the seating and departure of the house for a timely start of performances. If you are passionate about theatre, have excellent customer service skills, and thrive in fast paced environments – we think you would be a great fit!
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Liaise with Box Office and Stage Management to ensure the smooth and efficient seating, performance cues at curtain and intermission, and orderly departure of the public at performances and events
- Ensure efficient customer service from all FOH staff and volunteers
- Establish positive and nurturing relationships with our FOH volunteers – greet, debrief, and ensure they are properly located per shift
- Regulate the entry of latecomers and control disruptive patrons; and ensure the return of all patrons after intermission
- Overseeing and monitoring online ticketing for events through Showpass
- Troubleshoot any problems that may arise regarding ticketing and patrons
- Ensure the safety of theatre patrons while inside the building or on theatre grounds; Have a thorough knowledge of fire regulations, safety regulations, and operate all front of house functions abiding by these regulations
- Other duties as required
- 1-2 years experience in a customer service position
- Strong interpersonal and customer relations skills. Ability to create and sustain positive working relationships with theatre companies and staff.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail with the ability to manage competing priorities at work.
- Self-directed with the ability to take initiative.
- Front of House experience is an asset, but not required.
- 1 Canada Summer Jobs position available (Must be 30 or under)
- Wage TBD based on experience
- Hours dependent on event
- Must be available nights & weekends.
- Jason Kenney’s Hot Boy Summer: June 8-12
- Comedy Fest: July 6-10
- Disco in the Park: July 29-31
- Fringe: August 11-21
- Mural Massive September 3 & 10
To apply, please send a Cover letter & Resume to Jocelyn Anselmo at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note FOH Manager in the Subject line.
No phone calls please.