Grindstone Theatre is seeking a Classes Coordinator (Kids and Teens) for 20 – 30 hours per week. We are looking for someone with administration and education experience to coordinate and facilitate the kids and teens classes at The Grindstone Theatre School. This job will include working with team members to create and schedule four terms per year, contracting instructors, supervision of Studio space, ensuring classes are running smoothly and safely, and being available for instructors and students via phone or email. You will also coordinate with other groups and programs to bring Theatre Education to schools, community centers and other parts of the city and province.
If you are passionate about theatre arts, have a background in Theatrical Education or class development and are able to manage and solve problems on the fly – we think you would be a great fit!
- Work with other Education team members to develop Fall, Winter, Summer and Spring semesters and schedule showcases
- Develop class descriptions with team members
- Source and contract instructors for classes
- Communicate with instructors, students and Education team regularly
- Produce showcases and communicate with instructors for tech and showcase needs
- Follow and uphold Theatre School Policies
- Create opportunities for outreach around Edmonton and Alberta
- Connect with schools about education programs
- Assist with creating feeder programs for Grindstone Programming
- Using social media to promote outreach programs
- Administrative duties such as marketing and communications, website edits
- Be present at the first class and showcase
- Be the site contact while classes are in session
- Must complete and submit a Criminal Record check and Vulnerable Sector check
- Other duties as required
- 1-2 years experience in instructing or admin for Theatre or Education programming (Acting, Improv, Musical Theatre, etc)
- University degree or college diploma – (eg. Business, Events, Arts and Cultural Management, Theatre Arts, BA Drama, BA Education, etc)
- General knowledge of theatre practice
- Strong interpersonal and customer relations skills. Ability to create and sustain positive working relationships with theatre companies and staff.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail with the ability to manage competing priorities at work.
- Self-directed with the ability to take initiative.
- 1 Canada Summer Jobs positions available (Must be 30 or under)
- Wage tbd based on experience
- 20 – 30 hours per week.
- Mixed availability – partial day times and partial evening and weekends
To apply, please send a Cover letter & Resume to Jules Pepin at email@example.com. Please note Education Outreach Coordinator in the subject line. No phone calls please.
Posting closes: June 17th, 2022.