The City of Airdrie is seeking one part-time/casual bartender at the Bert Church Live Theatre to support scheduled evening and weekend productions. The Bert Church Live Theatre season runs from September to June and bar service is utilized for the presenting series, special events and third-party rentals during those months. Occasional events may also occur during July and August where bar service is required.
- Set up and tend bars while consistently offering professional, friendly and engaging service
- Assist guests regarding beverage menu items in an informative and helpful way
- Follow facility policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
- Follow all liquor laws and practice responsible liquor service
- Assist with inventory and maintaining cash procedures
- Other duties as assigned
Bartenders are expected to be guest-oriented and provide friendly, attentive and quality service to the patrons of Bert Church Live Theatre. We are seeking individuals with good people skills, quick and efficient bartending abilities. The bar gets exceptionally busy during intermission, so time management and the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks based on patron needs is very important.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- A current and valid Pro-serve certification, under the Alberta Gaming, Liquor and Cannabis Act (or must be willing to obtain within 30 days)
- Minimum of 6 months of bartending experience would be considered an asset
- Proven ability to provide exceptional customer service
- Cash Handling experience
- Ability to serve alcohol in a responsible manner
- Previous experience in theatre and events would be considered an asset
- Standard First Aid – Level C CPR and AED (or willingness to become certified) would be considered an asset
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision in a team environment
- Aptitude for quick thinking and problem solving
- Positive and optimistic attitude and work well within the team
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Self-directed and self-motivated
- Available to work evenings, weekends and holidays
Competitive compensation and the following benefits:
EAP (employee assistance program)
annual adult Genesis Place pass
This is a part-time, casual position. This position requires:
- Often dealing with crowds of people, noise and busy environment
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs.
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling and lifting
- Flexible evening and weekend availability is required as events & performance times vary.
- Candidates are invited to apply online. Posting will close at 9 p.m. May 31/2022. We recommend applying as soon as possible as we are not able to accept late applications.
Interested applicants can find more information at www.airdrie.ca/careers for JOB ID #J0522-0572