Digital Marketing Specialist
Full time. Based in Calgary.
Theatre Calgary is seeking an enthusiastic, analytical and yet creative Digital Marketing Specialist who thrives in an ever-evolving environment with varying priorities and constant activity. Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Communications, the Specialist will be responsible for the day-to-day management and strategic enhancements and optimization of Theatre Calgary’s social media platforms and web properties.
- Responsible from start to finish for social campaigns related to specific shows and projects, as well as the overall brand.
- Research target audiences and monitor current social media trends.
- Create relevant and engaging text, video and static image content.
- Monitor audience engagement on social media platforms, measuring success and ROI.
- Liaison with outside parties on paid social media strategies.
- Develop optimal posting strategy including timing, creative and brand representation.
- Responsible for the strategic maintenance of digital content, continuous improvement of Theatre Calgary website, and working with our digital agency to ensure the website technology is updated and meets the organizational goals.
- Support the development of a robust digital content strategy, working with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Strategically prioritize and execute web requests based on business impacts. Develop an effective process to determine scope, timelines and deadlines for both internal and external partners.
- Build effective dashboards for social and web analytics to illustrate opportunities for enhancements.
- Passionate storyteller with a strong understanding of the needs and wants of the intended audience.
- Strategic thinker and insatiable appetite for creative but functional designs.
- Skilled verbal and written communicator. Has the ability to translate technical data into key metrics and analysis.
- Has a proven track record managing and growing social channels.
- Can exhibit a detailed understanding of publishing tools, analytics and social marketing technology across a variety of platforms (eg. Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Tiktok etc).
- Experienced in developing the strategy and tactics necessary to accomplish Theatre Calgary’s goals for growth, engagement, reach, and more.
- Has the ability to collect, analyze and use social media data to make strategic content and posting decisions.
- Degree or diploma in Marketing, Communications, or other related discipline preferred.
- Minimum of four years of full time experience creating and managing social media platforms and web properties.
- Expert experience and understanding of content creation for both social and web platforms.
- Experience and familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite, Mac systems, Hootsuite, Google Analytics and Silver Stripe or other comparable website CMS.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple priorities.
- An understanding and appreciation that social media is not a 9-5 function and is able to plan and schedule accordingly.
- Can demonstrate an excellent eye for effective content, including still image and video assets, as well as copy skills. Experience in graphic design and/or video editing is an asset.
- Works well in a team environment built around cooperative and successful brainstorming.
- Consistently stays current on industry trends. Is an early adopter but recognizes the right time to jump into the deep end.
- Knowledgeable about the customer interaction in an experience-based industry. Theatre, performing arts or entertainment industry experience is a strong asset.
Salary and Benefits
Pay – $54,000 – $60,000/year
After an initial probationary period of 3 months, employees will be eligible to join our group RRSP plan with employer matching and our comprehensive benefits program. Theatre Calgary also offers unlimited vacation, as well as a flexible hybrid remote work environment.
About Theatre Calgary
Theatre Calgary’s vision is to stand amongst the best theatres globally as a leader in innovative, impactful and diverse programming. Our mission is to stimulate, provoke and delight through ambitious programming created to ignite local, national and international engagement in a sustainable manner.
Theatre Calgary reflects the communities, the country, and the world we live in with ambitious programming, passionate community engagement and extraordinary productions. For more than 50 years, we have focused our energy on providing our community with the highest level of classic and contemporary plays, featuring the best artists from Calgary and across the country.
Theatre Calgary encourages applications from our diverse community. Theatre Calgary is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion. We recognize that increasing the diversity of our staff, on all levels, is integral to accomplishing this objective. We are creating policies, practices, and programs that work toward the goal of dismantling systemic racism. We welcome all applications from women and gender nonconforming people, people of color, indigenous peoples, people with disabilities, and people of all sexual orientations, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of Theatre Calgary.
In the spirit of reconciliation, Theatre Calgary acknowledges that we live, work and create on the traditional territories of the Blackfoot Confederacy (Siksika, Kainai, Piikani), the Tsuut’ina, the Îyâxe Nakoda Nations, the Métis Nation (Region 3), and all people who make their homes in the Treaty 7 region of Southern Alberta. They were the original occupants of this land and continue to be here to this day. Theatre Calgary is grateful to have the opportunity to present in this territory.
Please submit applications to: Careers@theatrecalgary.com
We thank all those expressing interest in the role but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing Date for Applications: Monday 6th June 2022