Carter-Ryan & Rabbit In The Yard Productions is seeking a Production Associate to work alongside the Creative Director and Artist to assist in the build and install of the many artistic facets of the company which include, but are not limited to, art studio practice, large scale public art installation, theatre set builds for various theatre productions, technical install and tear down, potential sound design (or working with creatives) and props build. Carter-Ryan is located in Canmore, Alberta and is seeking a creative technical force to join the team to lead in building, technical support and studio assist of Carter-Ryan Productions.
- Knowledge and skill set of all things production: wood working, wood cutting, light set-building, lighting systems, audio systems, basic painting techniques, and props creation, amongst other.
- Diploma or Degree in a technical program (theatre prod) from a post-secondary institution or the equivalent of 5 years experience.
- Motivated: able to see a task that requires attention and complete such tasks without hesitation.
- Strong organizational skills in studio and in practice. Detailed oriented.
- Ability to work within a MAC OS environment an asset; Indesign, Photoshop, etc. also an asset.
- Physical fitness: ability to work in many environments including (but not limited to) carving studio, paint studio, walking trails, galleries, theatre, snowy mountainsides in (potentially) extreme cold (hand warmers provided) and urban dwellings (concrete).
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and problem-solve in stressful situations; to remain calm and focused under pressure and complete the task at hand.
- Excellent communication skills in verbal and written form (email, text, etc).
- Class 5 driver’s licence. It is strongly suggested this person has a vehicle.
Start Date: June 13, 2022
- Liaise between Artistic Director and Artist/Designer of the Carter-Ryan to ensure vision is met within scope and design, budget, and timelines given.
- Maintain studio and assist with studio production (stone work, set build, sculpture build, gallery install, etc)
- Source to purchase or rent needed equipment needed to produce for productions/installations/interior gallery and public art. Assign expenses to specific budget lines in reporting procedures.
- Hire/train/oversee additional production staff as needed.
- Strong knowledge and comfortable in a shop environment; use of power & hand tools.
- Provide Technical support as Lighting/Sound Tech for shows as needed.
- Scheduling any contractual work being done to repair or maintain installations as needed.
- Source, manage and enforce a production budget
- Oversee all design elements to ensure timely completion
- Production scheduling, including coordination of production meetings with creatives as well as producing partners.
- Set build, including load-in, load-out and setup
- Assist with sound design in consultation with the Director and Sound Designer
- Provide technical drawings required for scenery construction, plan views and section views for designers.
- Supervision of crew (if needed) as required.
- Communications with creative director, artist/designer as well as producers/clients.
- Arrange for storage, the procurement of materials, equipment & rentals as required.
- Provide logistical support to the Creative Director and Artistic Director as they require.
- A positive upbeat attitude is a must, one who can troubleshoot and problem solve as needed.
Production Associate is an 8 month contract beginning June 13, 2022. The salary for contract position is $1250/wk (32weeks) with the potential for a full-time salaried position of $63,500+/year. A moving allowance and other bonuses/incentives are offered. Potential housing option. (This position is considered management and does not qualify for overtime.)
To apply for this position please email your cover letter and resume along with any other pertinent information to Carter-Ryan Productions: Attn: Production Associate Position and E-mail to: [email protected]
Deadline for applications is June 1, 2022. Interviews will be conducted as required. Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as we may hire before the closing date. Only appropriate candidates will be contacted.