The Citadel Theatre, one of Canada’s largest and busiest professional, not-for-profit theatre companies and facilities, has an opening for a Payroll Accountant. We are seeking a highly collaborative individual who possesses excellent communication skills. This individual will also have strong analytical and problem solving skills. Our high volume payroll is for around 150-200 people with full-time, part-time and contract staff under varying agreements.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Payroll Accountant is an integral part of the Payroll and Finance department. The successful candidate will work to ensure the Citadel Theatre’s continued success by providing outstanding customer service as well as accurate and timely processing of various payroll and accounting functions.
This role requires an individual be able to manage their work loads as there will be multiple performances with overlapping deadlines. The Payroll Accountant must be ready to take a proactive role in recommending and executing processes and procedures that maximize workflow efficiency while maintain suitable internal controls and compliance with Citadel’s policy, collective agreements and legislative regulations. This individual must foster a respectful and positive workplace where all of our stakeholders are excited, connected and invested in the work of the theatre. This is a full-time salary position.
• Maintaining the integrity of payroll data and protecting the confidentiality of employee data.
• Process weekly, bi-weekly and off-cycle payroll using Sage 300 and other software in a timely manner.
• Process ROE, T4 and T4A in a timely manner.
• Process deductions, remittances and reporting as required by Citadel’s policy, collective agreements and legislatives regulations.
• Prepare journal entries, reports, and reconcile payroll related general ledger accounts.
• Work with Human Resources to ensure Sage 300 and the HRMS databases are aligned and accurate.
• Maintenance of employee payroll files, including processing all employee payroll adjustments (position changes, salary changes, retroactive salary/hourly adjustments, benefits and RRSP amount change etc.), deductions, and taxable benefits.
• Assistance with year-end audit work.
• Assist with other duties as requested by the Director of Finance.
• Canadian payroll certificate or designation is an asset, but will consider relevant equivalent work experience.
• Minimum of 3 years of payroll experience.
• Minimum of 1 year of related experience with working knowledge of general accounting practices.
• Strong Excel, problem solving and communication skills required.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Demonstrate high attention to detail, maintain confidentiality and work effectively in a team environment.
• Dedication to providing excellent customer service.
• Demonstrated ability to continually improve processes and adapt to changes.
• Theatre and union payroll experience would be an asset.
• Proficient with Sage 300 would be an asset.
Salary will depend on experience and qualifications.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to email their resume and cover letter to Human Resources at email@example.com Posting will remain open until May 29, 2022 or until a suitable candidate is found.
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request. The Citadel Theatre is committed to having our team reflect the community it serves and actively welcome applicants from diverse and equity-seeking backgrounds. The Citadel also endeavors to create and guard a culture of respect and cooperation with all staff, artists, colleagues, volunteers and internal / external parties.
Thank you for your interest but only those persons chosen for interviews will be contacted. No telephone calls please.
Citadel Theatre’s COVID-19 protocols (such as masking, screening, testing, vaccinations) are a part of our “Returning Safely Policy,” to ensure everyone is safe in at the work place. PLEASE NOTE – Citadel Theatre’s vaccination protocol will be in place for this position. Anyone working in the building is expected to be fully vaccinated (if they are medically able). Please be aware of this requirement before you submit your resume.