The Citadel Theatre, one of Canada’s largest and busiest professional, not-for-profit theatre companies and facilities, is looking for a reliable, customer service orientated individual to provide leadership in our Guest Services Department. The Box Office Supervisor will work with the Box Office management team to ensure the Citadel’s continued success by supervising the box office team, sales, and ensuring the highest level of patron experience. The Box Office Supervisor will take a proactive leadership role in fostering a respectful and positive workplace where all of our stakeholders are excited, connected and invested n the work of the theatre.
- Providing excellent leadership to box office team. Training, supporting, coaching, assessing workload and assigning tasks to Patron Service Representatives (PSRs) on duty.
- Providing excellent customer service to all guests in the Citadel Theatre: quick, friendly, and showing a thorough knowledge of the company, events, and building.
- Using Tessitura to sell and exchange tickets, register FTS classes, reconcile daily closes, generate reports, and adjust or enable shows, promotion codes, prices, holds, and online sales.
- Reconciling petty cash and maintenance of cash floats.
- Timely execution of daily tasks including (but not limited to): opening tasks, closing tasks, reading and responding to box office email account, updating posted box office hours, adjusting prices and holds according to dynamic pricing guidelines, daily and weekly data reports etc…
- Assisting Box Office management with all aspects of Season Tickets
- Assisting PSRs with all ticket sales, customer service and administrative duties. Covering front desk while PSR(s) on break or absent.
- Assisting leading all mailing projects to ensure accuracy and timely completion. Projects include Season ticket packages, ticket packages, thank you postcards and others
- Conduct sales projects encouraging future patrons to purchase tickets, packages, events, or donations. All sales calls will have bonuses based around meeting sales goals with the exception of donation calls.
- Support the Box Office management team in leading outbound sales calls ensuring the PSRs are properly trained and executing the project and staying on task,
- Providing support and information to departments including (but not limited to): Marketing, Foote Theatre School, Accounting, Fund Development etc…
- Functioning as a team in working with or assisting the Events, Hospitality, and Front of House departments.
- Other duties as required by manager on duty.
- Available to work daytime, evenings and weekends.
- Minimum of 2 years customer service.
- Tessiture experience preferred.
- Proficient with MS Office and other computer software.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Agile and excellent problem solver.
- Pronounced leadership skills.
This is a full-time position which is eligible for benefits with an hourly wage of $20.50.
Please email your resume with cover letter to: email@example.com
Deadline for resumes is Sunday May 29, 2022.
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request. The Citadel Theatre is committed to having our team reflect the community it serves and actively welcome applicants from diverse and equity-seeking backgrounds. The Citadel also endeavors to create and guard a culture of respect and cooperation with all staff, artists, colleagues, volunteers and internal / external parties. Thank you for your interest but only those persons chosen for interviews will be contacted. No telephone calls please.
Citadel Theatre’s COVID-19 protocols (such as masking, screening, testing, vaccinations) are a part of our “Returning Safely Policy,” to ensure everyone is safe in at the work place. PLEASE NOTE – Citadel Theatre’s vaccination protocol will be in place for this position. Anyone working in the building is expected to be fully vaccinated (if they are medically able). Please be aware of this requirement before you submit your resume