Job Title: Communications Specialist / Digital Distribution Expert
Application Deadline: May 10th, or until the position is filled
Targeted Start Date: May 16th, 2022
Term: 8-week Canada Summer Jobs Contract, with strong possibility for extension
Compensation: $19/hour, 35 hours per week
For the past 20 years, Theatre Prospero has celebrated the myths and stories at the roots of Edmonton’s many cultures through various theatre productions. We are committed to ensuring that our staff, crew, and artistic teams also reflect the diversity we see on our stages. We strongly encourage submissions from people of all backgrounds and look forward to continuing our tradition of discovering what connects us all through art.
This position is funded in part through the Canada Summer Jobs Program. Applications must be between the ages of 15-30 and legally eligible to work in Canada.
Please note that the work for this position will be a mix of in-person and remote.
Communications Specialist Job Description:
The Communications Specialist reports to the Associate Producer and/or Artistic Director of Theatre Prospero. The Communications Specialist will work closely with the Artistic Director of Theatre Prospero to ensure that material is in line with the company’s artistic vision.
The duties of the Communications Specialist are diverse and are targeted towards increasing the profile and presence of the company and its digitally disseminated work.
- implementing the recommendations of a digital consultants and marketing professionals to increase Theatre Prospero’s digital presence
- promoting the company’s digital assets including live streamed and recorded performances and workshops, especially in the educational arts sector, via social media and industry-specific advertising
- collaborating with traditional outreach personnel to maximize outreach efforts.
- streamlining payment processes for all our clients, live and digital
- upholding Theatre Prospero’s mandate in the manner the digital outreach is conducted
- assisting the company through various means in its transition to creating high quality digital content
- collaborating with the National Stiltwalkers of Canada to develop and implement a campaign to market the Studio 45 streaming studio space and services to potential community clients.
Communications Specialist Qualifications:
We are looking for a self-motivated individual that has a keen interest and enthusiasm for celebrating stories at the roots of Edmonton’s many cultures through theatre, music, dance, and other arts. Online marketing experience is a strong asset, especially if augmented by a post-secondary credential in the field of Arts Management, Marketing, or Communications. Knowledge of SEO, SEM, and other online marketing and distribution techniques are an asset. Basic graphic design skills are an asset. Facility with good writing and numerical skills, good communication skills, an audience focused attitude, out of the box thinking, and a strong willingness to learn are all a must.
Please send your resume and a brief cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line “Communications Specialist Application.” We are accepting applications until May 10th, 2022, or until the position is filled.