Job Title: Business Development Officer
Application Deadline: May 10th, or until the position is filled
Targeted Start Date: May 16th, 2022
Term: 8-week Canada Summer Jobs Contract, with strong possibility for extension
Compensation: $20/hour, 35 hours per week
For the past 20 years, Theatre Prospero has celebrated the myths and stories at the roots of Edmonton’s many cultures through various theatre productions. We are committed to ensuring that our staff, crew, and artistic teams also reflect the diversity we see on our stages. We strongly encourage submissions from people of all backgrounds and look forward to continuing our tradition of discovering what connects us all through art.
This position is funded in part through the Canada Summer Jobs Program. Applications must be between the ages of 15-30 and legally eligible to work in Canada.
Please note that the work for this position will be a mix of in-person and remote.
Business Development Officer Job Description:
The Business Development Officer reports to the Artistic Director of Theatre Prospero and works in conjunction with the General Manager and Associate Producer to plan short and long-term goals for the company.
The duties of the Business Development Officer are targeted towards setting the company up for success in both the near and distant future.
- collaborating with the Artistic Director in long-term planning and goal setting for the company
- collaborating with the Artistic Director in planning the upcoming theatrical season that includes both live and digital theatre projects
- researching and sourcing funding opportunities
- writing Federal, Provincial, Municipal, and Community grant applications
- preparing grant application budgets
- preparing grant reports with the General Manager
- tracking all expenditures and revenues and the necessary paperwork associated therewith for the General Manager
- assuring proper organization of archival documents in Theatre Prospero’s online drive
- Other duties as assigned by the Artistic Director.
Business Development Officer Qualifications:
We are looking for a self-motivated individual that has a keen interest and enthusiasm to support and develop programming that celebrates stories at the roots of Edmonton’s many cultures through theatre, music, dance, and other arts. Previous strategic planning and grant writing experience are strong assets, especially if augmented by a post-secondary credential in a related field. Financial literacy and accurate reporting are necessary for creating and monitoring the performance of our 2021/22 season budget. Facility with spreadsheets, good writing and numerical skills, good communication skills, out of the box thinking, and a strong willingness to learn are all a must. A passion for the arts and cultural curiosity are definite assets.
Please send your resume and a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Business Development Officer.” We are accepting applications until May 10th, 2022, or until the position is filled.