Call for Artists – The Rookie Cabaret performance & mentorship program
Application deadline: May 30th, midnight MST
Play the Fool Theatre Festival dates: Sept 22 – 25, 2022
Rookie Cabaret performance: Sun. Sept 25, evening.
The Backstage Theatre, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND!
Emerging physical performers, clowns, and comedic character actors are invited to submit their short works and/or ideas for development within the Play the Fool Festival Rookie Cabaret mentorship program and emerging artist showcase. We will be developing short pieces with a maximum length of 7 minutes. All forms and styles of clowning and physical comedy are welcome to apply – red nose, mask, dance comedy, bouffon, neo-bouffon, character pieces, comedy burlesque, slapstick, puppetry, etc., solos, duos, or ensembles.
WHO SHOULD APPLY…
Edmonton/Amiskwaciwâskahikan-based emerging physical comedy artists and/or students (of any age!), or experienced performers new to this style of work and who:
- Have some clown or physical training/experience.
- Have a specific idea, or existing draft of a cabaret-length work (4-7 minutes).
- Are solo artists, or artists working as a duo.
- Are committed to developing their work with the mentorship support of Festival Director, Christine Lesiak, and other mentors as available and appropriate.
- Willing and able to do homework to develop their piece between mentorship sessions and rehearsals.
FOR MORE INFORMATON AND TO APPLY: playthefool.ca/about/the-rookie-cabaret/
QUESTIONS? WE LOVE QUESTIONS! Contact Christine Lesiak, email@example.com.