New West Theatre is now accepting applications for a full-time, short-term position of Summer Camp Leader. This position is funded by the Canada Summer Jobs program; all applicants must be between 15- 30 years of age.
Start Date: July 5, 2022
End Date: August 26, 2022
Rate of Pay: $18 / Hour
The Summer Camp Leader will work closely with the General Manager and Education Coordinator in the delivery of New West Theatre’s yearly summer theatre camps for youth.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Opening and facilitating summer camp classes in accordance with the established policies and procedures
- Creating a positive in-person classroom environment that is focused on connection with students
- Providing an opportunity for social growth through our programming
- Maintaining accurate records and reporting
- Summer Camp lesson and program delivery, as instructed
- Assisting with marketing for class and camp programming
- Adhering to current Covid-19 protocols for summer camp activities
- General educational duties, as required
All applicants will have completed some post-secondary training in education, theatre or have equivalent work experience in the sector. Vulnerable Sector and Criminal Record checks are required.
New West Theatre is committed to facilitating a work space where people are comfortable and can be themselves in every capacity. With this in mind, we encourage submissions from those who identify as Indigenous, Black, or POC as well as 2SLGBTQIA+, Disabled/People with Disabilities and/or Neuro-Divergent people.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume, via email only, to:
Attention: Sheri Becker, General Manager
Deadline to apply is May 16, 2022