The Writers’ Guild of Alberta (WGA) invites applications from post-secondary students interested in meeting writers, promoting literary works by Albertans, and gaining experience in arts administration.
The Program Assistant will work closely with WGA program coordinators on various projects that include administration, writing, editing, event planning, and design work using Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Assist with the implementation of our annual conference and literary awards gala: Be available for the weekends of the conference and gala in June, to assist WGA staff with registration and various other duties in relation to the events.
- Aid in the organization of literary arts events
- Review and edit website content
- Correspond with publishers and/or writers
- Gather administrative materials for camps
- Assist with the coordinating, layout and printing of the WordsWorth camp anthology
- Aid with writing, proofing, and editing tasks as necessary
- Any general office admin tasks if needed (answering phones, data entry, mail etc.)
- Research for advocacy matters and fundraising
- Canadian citizen or permanent resident, living in Alberta
- Currently attending post-secondary school and will be returning full time in the fall
- Strong time-management and multi-tasking skills
- Strong organizational skills with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Knowledgeable in computer software including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Gmail, and Adobe Creative Cloud
- Good writing skills and facility with the English language
- Some digital and social media skills
- This is a full-time position (35 hours/week) for 14 weeks beginning mid-May.
- Regular hours are 9:00 – 4:30 pm Monday – Friday, with some evening/weekend work for events.
- Hourly wage is $18.50 per hour.
- Please send resumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 8, 2022.