Job Title: Video Producer
Application Deadline: May 4th, or until the position is filled
Targeted Start Date: May 9th, 2022
Term: 8-week Canada Summer Jobs Contract, with strong possibility for extension
Compensation: $19/hour, 35 hours per week
For the past 20 years, Theatre Prospero has celebrated the myths and stories at the roots of Edmonton’s many cultures through various theatre productions. We are committed to ensuring that our staff, crew, and artistic teams also reflect the diversity we see on our stages. We strongly encourage submissions from people of all backgrounds and look forward to continuing our tradition of discovering what connects us all through art.
This position is funded in part through the Canada Summer Jobs Program. Applications must be between the ages of 15-30 and legally eligible to work in Canada.
Please note that the work for this position will be a mix of in-person and remote, including on site at various filming locations on weekends and out of town overnight shoots.
Video Producer Coordinator Job Description:
The Video Producer reports directly to the Associate Producer of Theatre Prospero.
The duties of the Video Producer are targeted towards the implementation of video elements for the production where the artistic visions of the company, director, and designers are met:
- Planning and executing filming of video elements for digital productions under the direction of Artistic staff or a Director of Photography
- Recruiting technical students and mentoring them in video production during an Artist in Residence program, where artists from Theatre Prospero’s Enchanted Antlers project will visit a school and mentor students to create their own video stories
- Instructing and mentoring these students on how to help tell a story devised by their peers, including operating a camera and the considerations of cinematography, and the basics and theory of video editing
- Setting up and striking technical aspects of other filming shoots as directed
- Operating technical equipment for production shoots, including cameras, lighting, and sound equipment
- Assisting designers with the creation of production elements including sets, costumes, props for video shoots
- Editing video footage for the production as directed by artistic staff
- Colour correcting video footage as required
- Mixing audio of video footage as required
- Creating and implementing visual effects as required
Video Producer Qualifications:
We are looking for a self-motivated individual that has a keen interest and enthusiasm for celebrating stories at the roots of Edmonton’s many cultures through theatre, music, dance, and other arts. Experience working with cameras and in a post production environment are a must. Formal postsecondary education in the field or at least 1 year of experience working in a professional production environment are an asset, but not required. Candidates must have a strong understanding of and competence with lighting, sound, and especially video technology, including editing software. Experience working with youth under 18 and creating visual effects are an asset. Candidates who are able to demonstrate their ability to use technical capabilities to achieve artistic vision will rank higher.
Please send your resume, a brief cover letter, and a link to a sample of your video production work (preferably edited by you) to email@example.com with the subject line “Video Producer Application.” We are accepting applications until May 4th, 2022, or until the position is filled.