Job Title: Assistant Stage Manager
Application Deadline: May 13, 2021
Start Date: May 30, 2021
Term: 7 weeks
Compensation: $19/hour, 37 hours per week
The Thousand Faces Festival is seeking an Assistant Stage Manager to assist with the rehearsal and performance of our Thousand Faces Ensemble as they work on our New Mythic Works Series. For the past 14 years, The Thousand Faces Festival has celebrated the myths and stories at the roots of Edmonton’s many cultures through theatre, music, dance, and other artistic disciplines. We are committed to ensuring that our staff, crew, and artistic teams also reflect the diversity we see on our stages. We strongly encourage submissions from people of all backgrounds and look forward to continuing our tradition of discovering what connects us all through art.
This position is funded in part through the Canada Summer Jobs Program. Applicants must be between the ages of 15-30 and legally eligible to work in Canada.
The Assistant Stage Manager will work in collaboration with the Stage Manager, Co-Directors, Performers, and Tech staff to implement the aspects of the new production. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Rehearsal setup and strike
- Marking out dimensions of the set for rehearsal when applicable
- Assist with the rehearsal process as directed by the Stage Manager
- Provide reference materials as needed and requested
- Attend all rehearsals and productions, workshops, and residencies as scheduled
- Participate in and/or lead instructional and/or workshops as directed
- Once the play opens, assist with backstage management and performer requirements as determined by the Stage Manager
- Create a safe space for the performers and coordinate all aspects of the backstage atmosphere and dressing rooms
- Monitor and practice of all COVID-19 protocols
Assistant Stage Manager Qualifications:
We are looking for a self-motivated individual that has a keen interest and enthusiasm for celebrating stories at the roots of Edmonton’s many cultures through theatre, music, dance, and other arts. Previous experience as a Stage Manager or Assistant Stage Manager is required. Good writing and numerical skills, team building and supervision experience, good communication skills, and out of the box thinking are all assets.
Please send a brief cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Assistant Stage Manager Application. The Deadline to submit your application is Friday, May 13, 2022.