Theatre Network is seeking enthusiastic and dependable arts professionals to join our team as Front of House Representatives. These positions will join Theatre Network at an exciting time, in the newly rebuilt Roxy Theatre at 10708 124 Street.
- Welcoming audiences to The Roxy and providing an elevated level of customer service;
- Selling tickets and concession/bar items through our POS/ticketing software;
- Restock concession/bar, clean and prepare bar, theatre seating and public areas;
- Working with our small team to ensure smooth operation of box office and concession before performances;
- Overseeing volunteers in usher, concession, and other duties; and,
- Maintaining an excellent level of communication with patrons, volunteers, donors, artists and other groups by phone, email, and in person.
Theatre Network Hires for
- Reliability, initiative, and integrity;
- Care for/love of the arts in Edmonton;
- Enjoyment of interfacing with the public;
- Keen problem-solving skills;
- Commitment to effective team work; and,
- Commitment to seeing tasks through from beginning to end.
- 2 years relevant experience in theatre or the arts (or with customer service and additional arts/theatre experience);
- Good availability for evenings and weekends;
- AGLC ProServe certification; and,
- First Aid Certification.
Experience with our POS/ticketing software, via by Red61, is an asset but not a requirement. Knowledge of the 124th Street area is an asset as well.
Positions are casual, part-time, with an hourly wage of $18 per hour. Shifts & scheduling is dependent on (but not limited to) Theatre Network’s performance schedule.
Please email resume and a short cover letter detailing your interest to: Harley Morison, Managing Director at [email protected].
Applications will be accepted and interviews will be scheduled on an ongoing basis until May 20, 2022.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Roxy Theatre is wheelchair accessible on every floor. While some duties include lifting, etc., Theatre Network is happy to tailor specific duties around challenges or limitations. Please inquire for more info. For more detailed information on building accessibility, please visit theatrenetwork.ca/contact-us.
These positions interface directly with the public. Theatre Network welcomes and encourages mask-wearing but does not require it. Staff are supported to wear masks to
their comfortability level, as well as in communicating with the public about Covid-19. Note that Theatre Network may change Covid-19 guidelines at any time.
About Theatre Network
Theatre Network is a non-profit/charitable organization with a 47-year history of serving Edmonton audiences, offering the best in contemporary theatre with a focus on Western Canadian artists and productions. From 1990-2015 the company was based out of The Roxy Theatre on 124th Street, a converted movie cinema. Following the fire at The Roxy in January, 2015, Theatre Network temporarily relocated to Old Strathcona while they worked towards rebuilding The Roxy, now open.
Theatre Network produces four Mainstage productions each season, one of which is the company’s presentation of Nextfest – Edmonton’s multidisciplinary emerging artist festival. In 2022, Theatre Network will be a BYOV (bring your own venue) as part of the Edmonton International Fringe Festival, and pilot a new visual arts program at The Roxy. For more on Theatre Network, The Roxy, and our production history, visit www.theatrenetwork.ca.
Theatre Network welcomes and encourage applicants of all backgrounds, and is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion.