SUBMISSION CALL for
THOU ART HERE THEATRE’s production of PUPPET SHOWS
Presented at the FREEWILL SHAKESPEARE FESTIVAL 2022
Directed by Andrés Moreno
Rehearsals (part-time evenings): May 18 – June 13, 2022
Performances: June 14 – July 10, 2022
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Thursday April 21, 2022
We are looking for three actor/musicians to perform in 15 minute family friendly, hilarious puppet plays of the 2022 Mainstage Freewill Shakespeare.
- Experience with an acoustic musical instrument and singing is required.
- Experience in puppetry, collection creation, and improvisation is an asset, but not necessary. A desire to play is encouraged.
- The production’s rehearsals and performance will mostly occur in person. Artists will perform the show in an open air puppet theatre in Hawrelak Park in close proximity to the other artists and audience members.
- Tell us a 1-2 minute story using any items you have around the house as a puppet.
- A fairy tale, a 2 minute version or scene from Midsummer, a story about yourself
- Include something musical in your story (singing, instrument, body percussion, etc.)
- Keep it fun and short, we want to see your engagement with the puppet.
- This is a non-equity production. We can only engage non union members at this time.
- The production pays an honorarium of $1000.
- Only Edmonton area based artists may apply.
To submit your interest:
- Email submission video and your headshot/resume to [email protected]. Write “Puppet 2022 Submission” in the subject line.
- If you require any assistance with your submission we encourage you to email [email protected] with the subject line “Audition assistance” and we will happily work alongside you to help with your submission.
Thou Are Here Theatre is committed to diverse, inclusive casting. We encourage submissions from artists who self-identify as members of under-represented communities.