The PACT Communications Assistant is an important part of a small team working closely together in service of professional theatres across Canada. This role is responsible for maintaining the infrastructure of our communications systems such as; updating the website and database as well as, drafting communications to members including; newsletters, and social media posts.
As our Communications Assistant, you will be working with and reporting to the Membership & Communications Manager. This is a part-time position (18 hours per week/0.5FTE) with the possibility of increasing hours based on business needs. This position can expand and be shaped by the candidate and their unique skill-set.
While we continue to work from home this position requires the candidate to go into the PACT office, located in the Distillery District in Toronto, for a few hours a week to fulfil certain duties.
PACT strives to be a welcoming and inclusive environment. We are a small team and this allows for each staff member to have a voice and be heard. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, and beliefs.
- Administering the membership database (Sumac) this includes; updating member information, removing old contacts and adding in new employees at member companies
- Updating the website on an ongoing basis
- Setting-up new members; connecting them with their regions and caucuses, adding them to the website, creating member accounts
- Creating member accounts when contacted by members
- Administering Artsboard, the PACT jobs board, answering member questions about making a post, checking that posts are correct and drafting Special Employment Bulletins
- Filing CAEA, PGC and ADC member contracts both physical and digital copies
- Supporting with office administration as needed such as picking up mail, being on-site if access is required by technicians
- Monitoring the info email account and responding to member queries or directing them to the right staff member
- Supporting with other administrative tasks as required such as helping create invoices for membership dues, or helping members during the conference
- Drafting the bi-weekly Industry Newsletter, including writing copy, and collecting material such as announcements or projects from our members and the industry at large.
- Drafting and sending out other communications such as the Advocacy Alert, Contract Confidentials, Learning/ Networking Newsletters and Member Communiqués.
- Drafting social media posts and managing PACT’s Twitter and Facebook accounts. Specifically posting about new jobs on Artsboard, our Learning/ Networking offerings and PACTcon
- Monitoring member social media accounts and amplifying when appropriate.
- At least one (1) year experience in communications, ideally in a non-profit environment. Experience with a performing arts organization or at a professional theatre company is an asset.
- Must have strong writing skills and have a good understanding of how to capture the tone of the organization when crafting social media posts
- This position requires a strong attention to detail specially when drafting written communications.
- Familiarity with WordPress is a must
- Familiarity using Sumac, Constant Contact and Mosaico are preferred
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should email a résumé with a cover letter in a single pdf to Mirette Shoeir, Membership & Communications Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Communications Assistant’ in the subject line.
Short-listed applicants will be asked to draft a newsletter and social media posts to assess writing skills, clarity of communication, attention to details, and ability to capture tone.
The deadline for applications is 11:59 pm ET on Sunday May 1st, 2022.
This is a part-time position (17.5 hours per week/0.5FTE) with a salary range of $20,500-$22,500. The job can expand; if the communications assistant works more hours they will be compensated accordingly.
The Professional Association of Canadian Theatres is a member-driven organization of professional Canadian theatres. For the betterment of Canadian theatre, PACT provides leadership, national representation and a variety of programs and practical assistance to member companies, enabling members to do their own creative work. For more information visit pact.ca/job/communications-assistant-part-time-2/