Thousand Faces Festival – Call for Submissions
New Mythic Works Series!
The Thousand Faces Festival is seeking submissions from aspiring, emerging, or established playwrights who are mythically curious or passionate about mythology!
How it Works:
- Playwrights will write and submit 10-20 minute plays that are based in and around mythology.
- A blind jury will select 4-6 plays from the submitted work.
Selected Playwrights Will Receive:
- A fee of $600
- Workshops and rehearsals of their plays
- Dramaturgical and directorial support
- Public performances of their plays!
- The play must be submitted by the deadline of May 1st, 2022 at 11:59 pm MST
- Submitting playwrights must reside within Edmonton and its surrounding areas
- The play must be no longer than 20 minutes, and shouldn’t be less than 10 minutes
- The play should be a complete piece with a beginning, middle, and end.
- The play must have some connection to mythology
- There must be no identifying information of the playwright in submitted scripts
- The play should be able to be performed with a cast of 4 or less actors
- Feel free to be creative with what kind of play you write (musical, puppet play, anything for any audience!)
- All plays submitted must be the original work of the submitting playwrights, and they must be the sole owner of the copyright.
We support inclusivity and strongly encourage submissions from all cultural backgrounds, orientations, identities, abilities, and ages.
Please visit our website thousandfaces.ca/new-mythic-works-series for more detailed submission guidelines and to submit your play!
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com
Deadline to Submit: May 1st, 2022 at 11:59pm MST