The Health Sciences Association of Alberta is a progressive union representing approximately 29,000 paramedical, professional, and technical members. Our staff are committed to delivering high-quality services to our members. HSAA is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We are looking for a temporary, full-time Project Coordinator (Administrative Assistant II) position that will work out of the Edmonton office reporting to the Executive Liaison. The term of this temporary position may be up to 6 months. This in-scope position will be responsible for:
- the coordination of a conference, including working with an external production company
- calling cues for staging when live and collaborating on resolution debates
- organizing and coordinating PowerPoint presentations
- connecting with the Executive Liaison, stage, and the third-party production company.
- providing graphic supports for presenters and committees and will interact and support on the delivery of several medium-term projects within existing campaigns and/or events
- working with external contractors to ensure HSAA’s needs are being met while supporting internal and external stakeholders
The temporary project position is designed to support member engagement and convention activities with HSAA and to help them understand the value of their membership and their rights under the Collective Agreement. With exposure to a broad range of activities and a diverse team, this opportunity will support your career development and aspirations!
What You Bring
You are an energetic, collaborative, and values-driven individual with a minimum of three years’ experience in business administration, project management and events planning or a related background. You are comfortable with coordination of technical aspects of a large convention with the understanding of and ability to manage technical audio/visual technical issues while working with new technology and are able to manage cues within a program. You are a person who remains positive and energetic with a team orientation while adhering to strict deadlines.
You are familiar with organized union structures and have some knowledge of the current health care system in Alberta. You can work outside of regular business hours with the ability to travel, as required, with a strong familiarity with software packages with advanced proficiency with In-Design, Adobe Acrobat, is required. You work well under pressure, with the ability to meet tight deadlines and think on your feet, in a fast-paced environment. You possess experience with campaign communications, vendor management and excellent grammar skills with the ability to communicate tactfully, courteously, and clearly verbally. Proven editorial skills including proficiency in Canadian Press Style is required along with your commitment to trade union philosophy and public healthcare supports your ability to make key recommendations for managing cues within a program.
What We Offer
- Competitive Compensation: $38.36 – $47.55/hour, commensurate with experience.
- Top Benefits: 100% employer paid benefits, flex spending account, and pension plan.
- Work-Life Balance: 35-hour work week. Ability to flex schedule.
- Learning & Development: Internal and external training support.
Your Core Competencies:
- Creative Problem Solving. You assess problems in new ways to achieve outcomes and solutions.
- Agility. You anticipate and adapt to changing priorities and environments. You are resilient in times of uncertainty.
- Develop Networks. You build connections and trust in relationships.
- Build Collaboration. You lead and contribute to conditions that support teamwork, collaboration, consistency, and excellence.
- Drive for Results. You maximize resources to achieve organization goals while maintaining accountability to each other and stakeholders.
Information for Applicants
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume by e-mail to Human Resources at Recruitment@hsaa.ca.
Deadline for Application: March 18, 2022
Health Sciences Association of Alberta has implemented a proof of COVID 19 vaccination policy for all employees, to protect the health and safety of HSAA employees and members we serve.
Any candidate in the process of applying for employment with the Health Sciences Association of Alberta, must be able to comply with one of the following:
- Proof of COVID 19 vaccination; OR,
- Candidates and employees who are unable to be immunized due to a medical reason, or for another protected ground under the Alberta Human Rights Act, will be reasonably accommodated.
- Applications may be used to fill other current and future opportunities.
- Health Sciences Association of Alberta has will be conducting video conference interviews to minimize the potential spread of COVID-19.
We thank all applicants for their interest. All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates’ qualifications most closely match the advertised requirements. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.