Spring Show Auditions for Birnton Theatricals
Birnton Theatricals is excited to announce the auditions for their upcoming Spring Show. Birnton Theatricals mandate is to produce theatre and offer educational programming that introduces kids and young adults to the power and magic of live theatre and drama. Our goal is to not only foster the development of beginning artists but also to excite a young generation into becoming lifelong patrons of the arts.
Please send a video audition to email@example.com by March 18, 2022 to be considered.
- A musical theatre song
- One comic or children’s theatre monologue
- Please email your resume and headshot when booking audition
- Actors must be over 18.
Note: Our Spring Show is a Non-Equity Production. Payment will be on a per show basis with an honorarium (equaling no less than minimum wage/hr) for the rehearsal period. Rehearsals will be part time and flexible starting as soon as possible. Rehearsals will take place mostly in the evenings and on weekends. The schedule will be created around artists’ individual schedules.
Tortoise and Hare in The Great Race
Written by Chris Stockton
Directed by TBC
In co-production with Stage West for Kids
Tortoise and Hare have lived near each other their entire lives but they have not always been friends. When Hare makes a mean comment about how fast Tortoise can move, Tortoise gets fed up and challenges Hare to a race around the world. With the help of their friend Fil the fly, the two set out on a great race around the world, complete with all sorts of detours and roadblocks along the way. This original take on the classic Aesop Fable, this musical adventure is for the whole family!
- Tortoise – a tortoise. Normally shy but more and more learning that they need to stand up for themselves. Determined but nervous and sometimes too hesitant.
- Hare – a hare. Very outgoing and often doesn’t think before they speak. Overly confident to the point where it can get them in trouble.
- Fil the Fly – a fly. The race organizer. Very trustworthy and organized. A friend to both Tortoise and Hare.
REHEARSALS: EVENINGS FLEXIBLE MARCH/APRIL 2022
MANDATORY TECH RUN: MAY 2, 2022
OPENS: MAY 7, 2022
CLOSES: JUNE 11, 2022
- Mon. May 2- evening tech rehearsal
- Sat. May 7- 12:15pm
- Sat. May 14- 12:15pm
- Sat. May 21- 12:15pm
- Sat. May 28- 12:15pm
- Sat. June 4- 12:15pm
- Sat. June 11- 12:15pm
Note: Cast will be responsible for set up (prior to house opening 2.5 hours before show) and strike of each show.