The Citadel Theatre, one of Canada’s largest and busiest professional, not-for-profit theatre companies and facilities, has an opening for a Payroll & Benefits Administrator. We are seeking a highly collaborative individual who possesses excellent communication skills. This individual will also have strong analytical and problems solving skills. Our payroll is for around 200-250 people with full-time, part-time and contract staff under varying agreements. Benefits entitlements are governed by and vary with union contract and employment agreements.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Payroll & Benefits Administrator is an integral part of the Finance department. The successful candidate will work to ensure the Citadel Theatre’s continued success by providing outstanding internal customer service as well as accurate and timely processing of various payrolls and benefits programs.
This role requires an individual who is able to manage their work loads as the performance season changes. The Payroll & Benefits Administrator must be ready to take a proactive role in creating a respectful and positive workplace where all of our stakeholders are excited, connected and invested in the work of the theatre. This is a full-time salary position.
- Process bi-weekly and weekly payroll using Sage 300 and other software.
- Annual T4 and T4a processing.
- Ensure processing of deductions, remittances and reporting requirements for deductions and benefits as required by legislation, collective agreements and company policies.
- Prepare payroll journal entries, reports, and reconcile payroll source deductions for T4 and accounting purposes.
- Work with Human Resources to ensure Sage 300 and the HRMS data bases are aligned and accurate.
- Track and monitor employee vacation and sick leave.
- Benefit enrollments.
- Assist with other duties as requested by the Director of Finance.
- Canadian Payroll Association PCP designation.
- Minimum 2 years experience in payroll/benefits administration.
- Union payroll an asset.
- Related experience with working knowledge of general accounting practices.
- Proficient with Sage 300 an asset.
- Advanced Excel experience required.
- Strong problem solving and communication skills.
- Demonstrate high attention to detail, maintain confidentiality and work effectively in a team environment.
- Dedication to providing excellent customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to continually improve processes and adapt to changes.
Salary range of $50 – $60k/year depending on qualifications.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to email their resume and cover letter to Human Resources at [email protected]
Posting will remain open until February 27th 2022 or until a suitable candidate is found.
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request. The Citadel Theatre is committed to having our team reflect the community it serves and actively welcome applicants from diverse and equity-seeking backgrounds. The Citadel also endeavors to create and guard a culture of respect and cooperation with all staff, artists, colleagues, volunteers and internal / external parties.
Thank you for your interest but only those persons chosen for interviews will be contacted. No telephone calls please.
Citadel Theatre’s COVID-19 protocols (such as masking, screening, testing, vaccinations) are a part of our “Returning Safely Policy,” to ensure everyone is safe in at the work place. PLEASE NOTE – Citadel Theatre’s vaccination protocol will be in place for this position. Anyone working in the building is expected to be fully vaccinated (if they are medically able). Please be aware of this requirement before you submit your resume.