RAPID FIRE THEATRE – FRONT OF HOUSE SUPERVISOR
Posting Date: Thursday, February 3, 2022
Closing Date: Thursday, February 17, 2022
Rate: 15- 20 hours/week @ $20/hour
6 Month Contract: March 1, 2022 – August 31, 2022
Rapid Fire Theatre (RFT) is Edmonton’s longest running improv comedy company; producing weekly shows in Edmonton, as well as corporate and festival touring abroad. Rapid Fire Theatre is a non-profit organization. The RFT mission states that: We are a community of improv leaders that provide frickin’ great experiences through engaging performances and transformative education. Our vision is to inspire laughter and positivity for everyone. For more information, please visit www.rapidfiretheatre.com.
Rapid Fire Theatre strives to reflect the diversity of our community on our stages, in our classrooms, in our staff and on our board. We encourage applications from candidates of all genders, races, bodies, and abilities who will contribute to the further diversification of ideas and perspectives on our team.
The Front of House Supervisor (FOH) is a member of the Administrative team at RFT and reports directly to the General Manager (GM). This position is essential for overall patron development, engagement, and experience.
The expectation for this position is to:
- Create a warm and welcoming space for our patrons while providing them with efficient and effective service.
- Be available and present for in-person scheduled shows / festivals
- Attend weekly meetings with the GM
- Attend monthly staff meetings with the entire RFT Admin / Artistic staff
- Responsible for the sales, and reporting, of in-person ticket sales
- Ensuring hardware is prepared for in-person ticket sales (iPads and square)
- Monitoring comp ticket requests, via google form
- Distributing comp tickets, via email
- Recruit, train, and retain volunteers
- Create and maintain volunteer manual
(There is currently no concession due to Covid restrictions)
- Maintain concession stock and coordinate purchasing with GM
- Facilitate sales, bar maintenance, and daily cashout
- The FOH Supervisor is to complete daily cashout reports for both Box Office and Concession using a template from Google Sheets. This is translated directly into the operational budget and must be completed accurately and in a timely manner.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your resume to RFT’s General Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for submitting; only those selected for interviews will be contacted