The Citadel Theatre, one of Canada’s largest and busiest professional, not-for-profit theatre companies and facilities has an opening for a Senior Accountant. We are seeking a highly collaborative individual who possess excellent communication skills. This individual will have strong analytical and problem solving skills and will report directly to the Director of Finance. They must also be ready to take a proactive leadership role in creating a respectful and positive workplace where all of our stakeholders are excited, connected and invested in the work of the theatre.
The Senior Accountant will:
- Recommend systems and procedures for orderly reporting of financial matters.
- Ensures compliance with internal accounting controls, policies and procedures.
- Performs required audits.
- Reviews submitted reports and performs necessary follow-up.
- Ensures accuracy of financial information by performing a variety of control functions.
- Support the roles of Accounts Receivables/Payables and General Cashier.
- Provides accounting assistance to department heads as needed.
- Performs reconciliations as required.
- Informs Director of Finance of all discrepancies.
- Makes appropriate recommendations to ensure a smooth flow of various transactions.
- Utilizes leadership skills and motivation techniques in order to maximize associate productivity and satisfaction.
- Orients, couches and trains qualified associates.
- Conducts effective associate one on one meetings and counselling sessions as required.
- Provides feedback to the Director of Finance on the performance of the associates within the department.
- Participates in month end financial analysis. Assists in month end financial closing including general ledger entry and financial statement review.
- Participates in department head meetings in the absences of the Director of Finance.
- Ensures customer concerns are addressed in a timely and professional manner.
- Other duties as required.
- Degree in Accounting/Finance.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Working towards a CMA/CGA is considered an asset.
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in accouting.
- 1-2 years of supervisory experience with more than 2 direct reports.
- Hospitality experience preferred.
- Must be able to pass security clearance.
This is a 12 month full-time contract position with a salary of $53,000.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to email their resume and cover letter and availability to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Posting will remain open until February 20, 2022 or until a suitable candidate is found.
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request. The Citadel Theatre is committed to having our team reflect the community it serves and actively welcome applicants from diverse and equity-seeking backgrounds. The Citadel also endeavors to create and guard a culture of respect and cooperation with all staff, artists, colleagues, volunteers and internal / external parties. Thank you for your interest but only those persons chosen for interviews will be contacted. No telephone calls please.
Citadel Theatre’s COVID-19 protocols (such as masking, screening, testing, vaccinations) are a part of our “Returning Safely Policy,” to ensure everyone is safe in at the work place. PLEASE NOTE – Citadel Theatre’s vaccination protocol will be in place for this position. Anyone working in the building is expected to be fully vaccinated (if they are medically able). Please be aware of this requirement before you submit your resume.