StoryBook Theatre is currently seeking a positive and energetic individual who loves the arts and working with people of all walks of life to become our NEW Audience & Volunteer Engagement Coordinator. This role will be key in carrying on the legacy of creating a safe and supportive environment for our volunteers and patrons.
StoryBook believes that inclusivity and diversity are integral to the stories we tell both on and off our stage and seek to create an environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best work. We encourage people of all ages, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, and ethnicity to apply for this position.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Coordinate and support the volunteer teams that come to support our productions be it for set builds, performances and everything in-between.
- Seek and fill roles required for all volunteer needs within the organization
- Point of contact for the audience and everyone attending our programming
The ideal candidates would possess many, if not all, of the qualifications listed below. StoryBook is a learning environment and is looking for a candidate willing to grow into the role with a base understanding of its demands and skills required.
- Minimum of two years experience leading and coordinating people
- Strong coordination and management skills
- High level of personal organization and planning
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Must work well in a team setting
- Basic First Aid is an asset
Ultimately StoryBook is seeking a person who fits in with the organizational mandate and is keen and passionate about the work we do. A candidate who possesses the following attributes would be seen as a huge asset beyond their list of qualifications.
YOU ARE AN INDIVIDUAL WHO
- Loves live performance and has an appreciation of the importance of theatre in society/for families
- Reflects an optimistic and positive attitude with organizational loyalty
- Has the ability to work autonomously and in a team with attention to discretion and sensitivity to work involving confidential information.
- Is a self-motivational work style that can be resilient under the changing conditions of COVID
- Has a genuine commitment to contribute to an internal culture that values people and provides an opportunity for everyone to flourish.
- Has the personal stature to inspire the organization, the Board, and the stakeholders by representing the Theatre with integrity.
- Is dedicated to the principles of equal opportunity, cultural diversity, and broadening access to the arts.
- Is a pragmatic and effective problem-solver.
As early as February 8.
Hours are based on scheduled shows and volunteer related events
This is an hourly position at $20/hr.
This position could lead to a full time role in the coming year once theatre return to a normal practice and schedule.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 4, 2022
For more information and to apply, please visit storybooktheatre.org/job-postings.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those advancing in the process will be contacted.