Heritage Park is looking for Character Interpreters to play a wide range of roles for the 2022 spring/summer street theatre program. Become a member of the acting troupe presenting historically based vignettes through a variety of theatrical forms portraying pre-1914 Western Canada. Dressed in authentic turn-of-the-century costumes, the Character Interpreters will perform a variety of different scripts that focus on stories of sport and recreation in the heart of the historical village. In particular, one street scene will focus on the development of Lacrosse. There will be a Coal Mining Musical Melodrama presented in the Opera House. The living history environment facilitates the opportunity for improvised interactions which completes the Park’s immersive guest experience.
- Post-secondary drama training and some previous acting experience (equivalences will be considered)
- Proven performance skills in acting, excellent verbal communication and public relations skills, and the ability to imaginatively develop and physically project a character. Familiarity with historical interpretation is considered an asset.
Auditions will be held on February 19th and 20th, 2022. Selected candidates will have to perform a prepared monologue, a short song and complete a cold read. Full details will be sent to candidates selected to audition.
- Rehearsals are mandatory for all Character Interpreters from April 12, 2022 to May 20, 2022
- Performances run from May 21, 2022 to September 5, 2022 (9:30am to 5:00pm)
- The work week is 35 hours with two consecutive weekdays off. There is an option for performers to continue performing weekends from September 5 to October 10, 2022.
Candidates meeting the above criteria who wish to apply for this exciting opportunity should email their cover letter, resume, and headshot in confidence, to: email@example.com
Deadline to apply is February 12th, 2022.
Heritage Park is committed to diverse, inclusive casting. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those considered for an audition will be contacted directly. No phone calls, please.
For more information about the Park, visit HeritagePark.ca