PROGRAM COORDINATOR REQUIRED
Deadline to Apply: February 10, 2022
Theatre Alberta is a provincial arts service organization and registered charity that represents theatre artists, enthusiasts, students, educators, and community and professional theatre companies from across the province. We are dedicated to encouraging the growth of theatre in Alberta by providing the highest quality programs and services:
- Canada’s largest independent fully-circulating theatre library
- workshops and camps for teens and adults, urban and rural
- online resource sharing services for auditions, employment, and productions
- theatre news, publications, and advocacy
We require a highly motivated, creative, and curious Program Coordinator who will be responsible for leading Theatre Alberta’s educational and artistic programs and services including, but not limited to:
- the development, management, and evaluation of artistic and educational programs and special projects including Artstrek, Workshops/Webinars by Request, and Emerge
- program and project administration including artist and staff contracting, communication with participants and instructors, venue facilitation, fundraising support, promotion/marketing/advertising support, evaluation, etc.
- contribution of written material to our monthly electronic newsletter, Theatre Buzz, and other publications
- training and supervision of other program staff and contractors
- participation in / attendance at various theatre community events and meetings
- participation in Theatre Alberta’s overall strategic mission and direction
Applicants should be knowledgeable and passionate about theatre and education, with a post-secondary degree or diploma in theatre/drama OR equivalent experience. Applicants should enjoy working with people, be self-motivated, and highly curious. Varied knowledge of the provincial theatre community with experience in professional, community, and educational theatre will be considered an asset. Exceptional communication skills and excellent project management skills are required.
This is a full-time position, with benefits after three months. Due to the nature of Theatre Alberta’s work and programs, some evening/weekend hours and travel may be required. The Theatre Alberta team is currently working remotely but may transition back to the office and in-person programming if/when safe to do so. Employee safety and comfort will be prioritized. While the Theatre Alberta office and the majority of the staff team are based in Edmonton, we welcome applicants for this position from other locations in Alberta. Position to start as soon as possible. Annual salary range $45,000 – $47,000. We welcome ALL applicants and interest!
By February 10, 2022, please forward a detailed letter highlighting your interest and qualifications, as well as a resume, to Keri Mitchell, Executive Director. firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more about Theatre Alberta, please visit us online at www.theatrealberta.com.