FRONT OF HOUSE SUPERVISOR
The Citadel Theatre, one of Canada’s largest and busiest professional, not-for-profit theatre companies and facilities, is looking for a reliable, customer service oriented individual to provide leadership in our Guest Services Department as a part-time Front of House Supervisor.
Reporting to the Front of House Manager, Front of House Supervisors:
- Ensure the smooth and efficient seating (and orderly departure) of patrons at performances and events.
- Ensure the highest possible level of customer service from all Front of House staff and volunteers.
- Work with the other Guest Services departments (Box Office, Hospitality, and Events) to ensure the guest experience is smooth from start to finish.
- Establish positive and nurturing relationships with our volunteers; oversee ushers – schedule, train, and ensure they are properly located per shift.
- Troubleshoot any problems that may arise.
- Liaise with Box Office and Stage Management to coordinate seating and performance cues at curtain and intermission.
- Ensure the safety of theatre patrons while inside the building or on theatre grounds; have a thorough knowledge of fire regulations, safety regulations. Ensure all staff are aware of these regulations and operate all front of house functions abiding by these regulations.
- Regulate the entry of latecomers, control disruptive patrons and ensure the return of all patrons after intermission.
- Prepare daily reports: show reports, sales reports and ticket stub count.
- Lead guided tours through the backstage areas.
- Other duties as requested.
- Available to work flexible hours and must be available weekends and evenings. This position will have mainly weekend and evening hours but some daytime availability is an asset.
- 2 to 3 years of customer service experience.
- Experience leading a team.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Leadership skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to problem solve and think on your feet.
This is a casual, part-time paid position and the hourly wage is $18. The number and length of shifts vary based upon our show and rental schedules and needs.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to email their resume and cover letter to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting will remain open until February 6, 2022 or until a suitable candidate is found.
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request. The Citadel Theatre is committed to having our team reflect the community it serves and actively welcome applicants from diverse and equity-seeking backgrounds. The Citadel also endeavors to create and guard a culture of respect and cooperation with all staff, artists, colleagues, volunteers and internal / external parties.
Thank you for your interest but only those persons chosen for interviews will be contacted. No telephone calls please.
Citadel Theatre’s COVID-19 protocols (such as masking, screening, testing, vaccinations) are a part of our “Returning Safely Policy,” to ensure everyone is safe in at the work place. PLEASE NOTE – Citadel Theatre’s vaccination protocol will be in place for this position. Anyone working in the building is expected to be fully vaccinated (if they are medically able). Please be aware of this requirement before you submit your resume.