The Citadel Theatre, one of Canada’s largest and busiest professional, not-for-profit theatre companies and facilities, is looking for a reliable, customer service oriented individual to provide leadership in our Guest Services Department as a part-time House Captain.
Reporting to the Front of House Manager, House Captains:
- Ensure the smooth and efficient seating and departure of patrons at performances and events.
- Provide a high level of customer service.
- Maintain order and ensure adherence to theatre and safety rules.
- Other duties as requested.
- Frequent availability to work flexible hours on weekends and evenings (some weekday availability would be an asset).
- Customer service experience.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Ability to problem solve and think on your feet.
This is a casual, part-time paid position and the hourly wage is $16. The number and length of shifts vary based upon our show and rental schedules and needs.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to email their resume and cover letter and availability to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting will remain open until February 6, 2022 or until a suitable candidate is found.
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request. The Citadel Theatre is committed to having our team reflect the community it serves and actively welcome applicants from diverse and equity-seeking backgrounds. The Citadel also endeavors to create and guard a culture of respect and cooperation with all staff, artists, colleagues, volunteers and internal / external parties.
Thank you for your interest but only those persons chosen for interviews will be contacted. No telephone calls please.
Citadel Theatre’s COVID-19 protocols (such as masking, screening, testing, vaccinations) are a part of our “Returning Safely Policy,” to ensure everyone is safe in at the work place. PLEASE NOTE – Citadel Theatre’s vaccination protocol will be in place for this position. Anyone working in the building is expected to be fully vaccinated (if they are medically able). Please be aware of this requirement before you submit your resume.