JOB POSTING: Recruitment Officer
Effective: January 15, 2022 or until filled
Accountability: Reports directly to the Education Director
Position: Half-time position (waged or contract) with the possibility of expanding the role to a salaried position based on skill set
Hours: 15 – 25 hours/week on average. Work takes place on-site in Rosebud, Alberta and on the road to school, fairs, and education events. Some weekend and evening work will be required.
Join a team of hard-working individuals who are passionate about theatre, training young artists, and presenting stories that illustrate the beauty and complexity of life through an inclusive grace-filled perspective. RSA strives to inspire students to become catalysts for transformation in our world. Our core mission is to enrich lives through God’s gifts of creativity, hope, joy, forgiveness and love through the arts. RSA strives to foster a diverse student body where everyone feels welcome and that they belong.
RSA is looking for a talented, self-motivated person to join their Education Team! This position requires a responsible individual who is great with people, happy to answer questions, knowledgeable about RSA’s mission & programs, and is an efficient and competent problem solver.
The ideal candidate is a team player, pays attention to detail, sees upcoming needs and takes appropriate action, and competent in setting up and working with systems. Computer skills are a definite asset.
The Recruitment Officer works closely with the Education Director, Registrar, Head of Acting, and the Student Life Advisor. They will also be a member of the Marketing team.
Living in the Rosebud area is encouraged as hours can be irregular. While the work averages 15 – 25 hours/week, some weeks will require more or less hours, based on time of year and workload. Additional RSA duties could be added to this position to enable more hours or potentially a fulltime salaried position. This is dependent on the needs of the organization and the individual’s skill set.
- Explore and facilitate outreach opportunities for the Rosebud School of the Arts brand
- Recruit prospective applicants to all programmes offered by RSA
- Oversee and admission procedures for student applications, and where necessary create new and more efficient recruitment systems
- Complete on-going recruitment related administrative tasks on a consistent basis and in an accurate and timely manner
- Participate as a member of the marketing team in all areas that pertain to RSA
- Student quotas are met or exceeded for all programs
- Inquiries, applications, and admissions are processed effectively and efficiently
- RSA and its programs are accurately represented
- Potential recruitment opportunities are actively explored and pursued
- Prospective students and their families are treated respectfully throughout the recruitment process
- Prospective student inquiries are dealt with accurately and in a timely manner
- Efficient and accurate inter-departmental communication
- Accurate and timely reporting
Applications: To apply please send the following to email@example.com.
1. A resume(s) with both relevant and potentially related experience
2. A cover letter including reasons why this position excites you
The mission of Rosebud School of the Arts is about enriching lives by expressing God’s gifts of creativity, hope, joy, forgiveness, and love through the arts.
The mandate of Rosebud Theatre is to produce professional live theatre that illustrates the beauty and complexity of life through an inclusive and grace-filled perspective while mentoring the next generation of theatre artists.
The mandate of Rosebud School of the Arts is to provide arts education and training within a community of faith-based artists where students are inspired to become catalysts for transformation in our world.
RSA strives to honour and respect the diverse cultures, languages, abilities, and perspectives that each staff member brings to the organization.
We are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment that welcomes the humanity of our students, staff, contract instructors, guest artists, board members, donors, and patrons. RSA is committed to providing a supportive work and educational environment where the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusion are trained, fostered, and intentionally practiced. Through conscious reflection, and deliberate action and discussion at all levels, we aim to create a culture of care and safety where diversity can flourish.
All personnel policies related to employment – including hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, job assignments, transfers, lay-offs, return from lay-offs, company sponsored programs or events, etc. – will be implemented without discrimination toward race, colour, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, family status, age, language, or national origin.
RSA is committed to recruiting and retaining a group of diverse, qualified staff members who advance RSA’s mission in their respective vocations. Through a fair and equitable hiring process, RSA considers the qualifications and values of each candidate as the primary criteria upon which hiring and promotion decisions are made.