POSITION: Production Manager / Technical Director
Effective: March 1, 2022, or until filled
Accountability: Reports to the Artistic Director
Full Time Equivalent: Full-time salaried position with benefits. Some weekend and evening work will be required, and some periods of the year will be busier than others.
Location: On-site in Rosebud, Alberta
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
- Detailed and accurate budgeting and budget tracking skills
- The ability to negotiate with artists, agents, and skilled technical labour
- The ability to create detailed and efficient human resource scheduling
- A desire to mentor young theatre artists in training
- A passion for theatre born out in practical solution finding
In consultation with the AD, the PM/TD will budget, plan, & oversee the realization of:
- Five fully mounted Rosebud Theatre productions (4 in the Opera House, 1 on the Studio Stage)
- Guest productions incorporated into the Rosebud Theatre Season.
- Two Rosebud School of the Arts student productions
- One Rosebud School of the Arts devised movement show
- Rosebud School of The Arts ROSAs Celebration
- Rosebud Theatre Season Launch activities
- Fundraising events for Rosebud Theatre/Rosebud School of the Arts
Job Function: Ensure the smooth and efficient operations of production and technical elements of all productions, performances, and related activities mounted or presented by Rosebud Theatre and Rosebud School of the Arts.
Expected Results: An efficient, creative Production Department that executes Rosebud Theatre & Rosebud School of the Arts’ productions and related activities to the highest standards possible within set budgetary parameters.
Salary Range: $42,000 – $46,000 based on training and experience
Applications: To apply please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. A resume(s) with both relevant and potentially related experience
2. A cover letter including reasons why this position may be a good fit for you
The mission of Rosebud School of the Arts is about enriching lives by expressing God’s gifts of creativity, hope, joy, forgiveness, and love through the arts.
The mandate of Rosebud Theatre is to produce professional live theatre that illustrates the beauty and complexity of life through an inclusive and grace-filled perspective while mentoring the next generation of theatre artists.
The mandate of Rosebud School of the Arts is to provide arts education and training within a community of faith-based artists where students are inspired to become catalysts for transformation in our world.
RSA strives to honour and respect the diverse cultures, languages, abilities, and perspectives that each staff member brings to the organization.
We are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment that welcomes the humanity of our students, staff, contract instructors, guest artists, board members, donors, and patrons. RSA is committed to providing a supportive work and educational environment where the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusion are trained, fostered, and intentionally practiced. Through conscious reflection, and deliberate action and discussion at all levels, we aim to create a culture of care and safety where diversity can flourish.
All personnel policies related to employment – including hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, job assignments, transfers, lay-offs, return from lay-offs, company sponsored programs or events, etc. – will be implemented without discrimination toward race, colour, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, family status, age, language, or national origin.
RSA is committed to recruiting and retaining a group of diverse, qualified staff members who advance RSA’s mission in their respective vocations. Through a fair and equitable hiring process, RSA considers the qualifications and values of each candidate as the primary criteria upon which hiring and promotion decisions are made.