Edmonton Opera seeks a Production Assistant.
- This is a seasonal, hourly, as-needed position(s) with no guarantee of minimum hours.
- Various dates and times, with most hours occurring during the day with some required evening and weekend work and with the possibility of a flexible daily work schedule. This position has the flexibility to accommodate the candidate’s outside projects.
- Hourly wage range of $15-$20/hour (based upon experience) + 4% Vacation Pay.
- Time exceeding 8 hours per day and 44 hours per week will be paid at the overtime rate.
- Reports to and is supervised by Head of Wardrobe, Head of Props/Paint and the Head of Scenic Carpentry and works collaboratively with all other departments.
- This position is based out of EO’s Opera Centre, but works extensively offsite for productions, events and sourcing of materials.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Diploma or Degree in a technical theatre program from a post-secondary institution.
- Class 5 driver’s license. It is strongly suggested this person have a vehicle. EO will reimburse for kilometers as per the Employee Vehicle Usage policy.
- Deadline-oriented with flexibility to adjust timelines as needed.
- Knowledge and adherence of safe working practices.
- Motivated able to see a task that requires attention and completes such tasks without hesitation.
- Ability to remain positive, upbeat, professional and with a calm demeanor under stress.
- Physical ability to climb, work on ladders and vertical lifts, lift up to 30 pounds and stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to set-up / operate a small audio system for community events.
- Ability to operate AutoCAD and work on drawings is a real asset.
Duties and typical tasks:
- Assist with mainstage productions
- Assist in the sourcing & acquisition of materials required for set/ costume builds
- Facility maintenance
- Organizing and ordering supplies
- Assist in the set-up and operation of special events and audience outreach activities
- General shipping and receiving duties
- Assist department heads in facility organization
- Assist in rehearsals as required
- Errand runs
- Other duties as required
- General Warehouse duties
- Drafting if able
- Assisting the Production & Technical Director.
To apply for this position please email or fax your cover letter and resume along with any other pertinent information to Edmonton Opera Attn: Alison Hardy
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must include references. Applications that do not include references will be considered incomplete.
References may be contacted prior to interviewing candidates.
For further information on this opportunity please contact Alison Hardy, email@example.com
There is no deadline for applications, as needs are ongoing.
Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Interviews are conducted as required and only appropriate candidates will be contacted.
Edmonton Opera is an equal opportunity employer.